[SOLVED] HASSOS mount NAS network share

So i have good and bad news.
The bad thing is that my request is not correct as it should be managed by supervisor not as i did.
The good thing is that they are actualy trying to figure it out the issue is there posted, how they will do it in GUI and let user to normalny set it up.
So we need to wait and see :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just noticed my description of how the overlay partition works is not correct for the HA OS. I know that squashfs+overlay is a common solution, for instance in live CDs and perhaps in docker; but it seems HA OS uses the /mnt/overlay in a way I donā€™t fully understand right nowā€¦

1 Like

Yeah so on github it will be buried under tons of other issues and feature request that have more priority. I doubt somebody will actualy be able to do that. But i will be playing with some stuff every update, maybe will find some other solution :stuck_out_tongue:

I have given up to try to get frigate to run properly in Homeassistant OS. I was unable to pass through the USB Coral to the proxmox VM that runs HassOS. Well, I passed it through and it ā€œworkedā€ but the detection process would constantly hang and reset.
This combined with the difficult mounting of a NAS share, I decided to go another route.

I created a priviliged LXC container that runs docker. Also check ā€œnestingā€ and ā€œCIFSā€ options. No issue at all to mount a CIFS share, passthrough the GPU and USB Coral. It was a little challenging since I am unfamiliar with cdocker, but it seems to work stable now.

Downside is that making changes to the config and restarting frigate is more difficult.

Remaining challenge is to get the h265 stream from my Reolink 810A working.

1 Like

Yeah i have tryed the LXC way,but the problem is that if you using it remotely with https, you will not see frigateā€¦Have you tryed to access HASS remotely? not on local LAN?

I have not exposed any services or ports to the outside world. If remote access is desired, Iā€™ll use my VPN. This will give me ā€œlocalā€ access.
It would be way nicer to have everything integrated into homeassistant, but I guess our use case is somewhat rare. Perhaps I should investigate how to run homeassistant in an LXC.

If you dont expose it remotely only VPN, then you should try this. Worked for me and should for you.

please can you explain how to create a docker i proxmox?

i have a vm in proxmox with home assistant, gpu passtrough and usb passthrough for google coral.

but frigate isnā€™t stable and i have always Detection appears to be stuck. Restarting detection process

so missed a lot of detection and clips

Or i use the entire machine to home assistant and use frigate addon, or i can use frigate in docker, but iā€™m newbie for that.

Please can you help me?

I wrote to a docker thread, as i abandoned the docker solution because you cant connect remotely and see freegate on your phone/computer if you are not on local LAN. That was a problem for me.
This thread that i made is working perfectly on my 2 servers with proxmox. I am able to assist you on regards as my settings and my tutorial. As this is a problem with a specific machine compatibility from what i can see (github)
First if you cant use proxmox+hassos+frigade addon then the last solution would be to use whole hass system :-/

Have you tryed this thread?

Its frigate thread

I use wireguard in my rpi and i have always connected my phone in vpn. I prefer this solution.

The entire machine is a solution but a nuc have a lot of power that are useless with only Home Assistant, and if I can use nuc also for other machine, is better.

I donā€™t understand how to create a docker lxc in proxmox about frigate.

I donā€™t know where or how to, iā€™m a complete newbie in this way.

If i can create a lxc with frigate, maybe i can solve this issue.

For now i use proxmox+hassos+frigate+coral+gpu pass+google coral usb pass, and in this way frigate have this error Detection appears to be stuck. Restarting detection processā€¦
so restart every time and lost a lot of detection and clips.

If i learn how to create a frigate docker, where i click, how to config, maybe i can fix it.

Give me a link to github issue.
Have you wrote to frigate thread here?

this is mine issue on github

but there are others and someone use pci not usb.

Another one

I have read all, yeah thats hard situationā€¦ i have 11cameras on each server proxmox, working perfectlyā€¦

I see, but your proxmox is like mine?

Nuc
Proxmox
HASS os into a vm
frigate addon into HASS os vm?
Google coral usb passthrough into HASS os vm ?

Because if is the same, isnā€™t possible that you didnā€™t have any trouble like me.

https://groups.google.com/g/linux.kernel/c/_HnJnBL--8k

This issue is correlated in google groups, and seems that there is a kernel fix, but where is this fix? and how can we applied it ?

intel cpu,asus motherboard small TX factor like nuc
Proxmox
HASS os into a vm
frigate addon into HASS os vm
Google coral pci passthrough + GPU passthrough into HASS os vm

What nuc you have? what proxmox version you have?

Give me output of this command

dmesg | grep -i blue

I have NUC8I3BEH

root@NUC-i3:~# dmesg | grep -i blue

[    4.582061] Bluetooth: Core ver 2.22
[    4.582097] Bluetooth: HCI device and connection manager initialized
[    4.582100] Bluetooth: HCI socket layer initialized
[    4.582102] Bluetooth: L2CAP socket layer initialized
[    4.582106] Bluetooth: SCO socket layer initialized
[    4.714971] Bluetooth: hci0: Bootloader revision 0.1 build 42 week 52 2015
[    4.715983] Bluetooth: hci0: Device revision is 2
[    4.715985] Bluetooth: hci0: Secure boot is enabled
[    4.715986] Bluetooth: hci0: OTP lock is enabled
[    4.715987] Bluetooth: hci0: API lock is enabled
[    4.715987] Bluetooth: hci0: Debug lock is disabled
[    4.715988] Bluetooth: hci0: Minimum firmware build 1 week 10 2014
[    4.716180] bluetooth hci0: Direct firmware load for intel/ibt-17-16-1.sfi failed with error -2
[    4.716184] Bluetooth: hci0: Failed to load Intel firmware file (-2)

But i guess isnā€™t the output that you have expected

pve-manager/7.0-8/b1dbf562 (running kernel: 5.11.22-1-pve)

You use pci passthrough, so you can get maybe a passthrough different than usb, because i canā€™t pass the entire controller, there is only one.

You see bluetooth, fix that first.
If your nuc is server only,then you can pass whole USB controller. Otherwise, one of other option to buy PCI<>USB adapter and then passthrough USB to the PCI.
But beware, itā€™s a bit hard. As you need to use commands to split IMMOU groups to be able to seperate the PCI controller.Or just sell the USB and get PCI. The PCI is a bit hard i needed to sacrifice some stuff because of group seperation to passthrough. Nevertheless try to figure out the bluetooth and get back to me :slight_smile: