[solved] HM-MOD-EM-8 not recognized by Home Assistant

Hi all,

I started with Home Assistant (Core) a few days ago. I integrated my Homematic CCU3 using the configuration.yaml

# Homematic
homematic:
  interfaces:
    wireless:
      host: 192.168.20.13
      port: 2001
      resolvenames: json
      username: !secret ccu_user
      password: !secret ccu_password
    HMIP:
      port: 2010
    groups:
      port: 9292
      path: /groups
  hosts:
    ccu3:

Basically it works fine. However today I noticed that the HM-MOD-EM-8 device does not appear in Home Assistant. Is there any reason?

Can I import it manually?

This section of the documentation is what’s relevant for you: Homematic - Home Assistant

That being said, I highly recommend to switch to the new integration: GitHub - danielperna84/custom_homematic: Custom Home Assistant Component for HomeMatic

Thanks for your reply.
The linked “relevant” part of the documentation doesn’t quite match to my problem. The HM-MOD-8 is not missing its buttons - it’s missing complete! Even the sensors.

But anyway: I changed from the core installation in a Proxmox LXC container to a full HAOS installation in a VM and use now the recommended add on.

The old (core) integration does not support sensors for this device. Only button-mode is working. Hence my reference to the documentation, where it says that buttons will not show up in Home Assistant. If you have configured the channels to another mode, you have to use the new integration. There you will get the sensors.

Thanks for the clarification. As mentioned before, I now use your new integration. And here I get the HM-MOD-EM-8 with all sensors.