SOLVED: iOS beta stuck on 'initializing' when connecting first time

Slightly weird bug to report. What with the changes from ios to mobile_app component I noticed I had duplicated integrations and device ids so decided to have a bit of a cleanup - removed all integrations, including deleting ios and mobile_app from config.yaml, went through device_registry and entity_registry and deleted everything from those components, restarted again, reset the iOS beta app.

Now I don’t have any references to old iOS devices or entities and an ostensibly ‘clean’ Hass.io installation ready for reintegration with the new mobile_app. However, I can’t seem to authenticate through the beta app any more - after putting in the address and selecting ‘Connect’ it takes me to the auth page but gets stuck on ‘Initializing’ and gets no further.

Have so far tried:

• deleting all previous login tokens
  • deleting mobile_app from config.yaml, restarting, re-adding it, restarting
  • deleting the mobile app and reinstalling
  • hard rebooting iPhone
  • logging in to Hass.io from a fresh browser to test the auth system (still works normally)
  • power cycling the RPI3 it is installed on
  • disabling content blockers (Adguard) during connection

Nothing seems to be the magic bullet to fix it! Any suggestions?

EDIT: to confirm, accessing the auth page using the link the app connects to (https://my-hassio-instance.org/frontend_latest/authorize.html?response_type=code&client_id=https://home-assistant.io/iOS/beta-auth&redirect_uri=homeassistant-beta://auth-callback) doesn’t work from ANY browser - so I get the feeling the problem is with my instance of Hassio rather than with the app itself…

EDIT 2: Actually, I can access the auth page via the link above on my laptop, just not on iOS through Safari - so maybe the problem is with my phone?!

EDIT 3: VINDICAAAAAATIOOOOON!!! Cleared my iOS Safari browsing data and lo and behold, it all works now. Hope this helps anyone else in a similar predicament! I probably should have figured this out sooner…

4 Likes

Glad you got it figured out

Thanks, this reduced startup time by ~ 30 seconds, now is at ~5-6 seconds.