[solved] Mi LED Ceiling Light MJXDD01YL / MUE4086GL not showing up in HASS

Edit: Solved by turning on LAN control in Yeelight app.

Hi,

I’m trying to configure the (I believe) quite new model Mi Led Ceiling Light MJXDD01YL (printed on the device itself, European version) / MUE4086GL (according to NL webshop, Chinese version?) in Home Assistant.

It’s being recognised on my WiFi network, has a static IP assigned and is added to configuration.yaml file like I did with my other Mi and Yeelight devices. I can operate the light properly through the Yeelight app on my phone.

However it does not show up as an entity, or as a device (this is normal for Mi Light / Yeelight devices AFAIK) in Home Assistant, so I can’t control it through HASS.

I can’t find both model MJXDD01YL & MUE4086GL on the Yeelight integration page.

Could it be that these models need to be added to the model list of the Yeelight integration, or is it something else I need to do to get it working?

HASS version 0.114.1.

configuration.yaml:

# Configure a default setup of Home Assistant (frontend, api, etc)
default_config:

# Uncomment this if you are using SSL/TLS, running in Docker container, etc.
# http:
#   base_url: example.duckdns.org:8123

# Text to speech
tts:
  - platform: google_translate

group: !include groups.yaml
automation: !include automations.yaml
script: !include scripts.yaml
scene: !include scenes.yaml

discovery:
  ignore:
    - yeelight
    - homekit

yeelight:
  devices:
    10.0.1.118:
      name: Livingroom Bank Light Right
    10.0.1.119:
      name: Hallway Ceiling Light
    10.0.1.124:
      name: Livingroom Wall Light Left
    10.0.1.120:
      name: Livingroom Wall Light Right
    10.0.1.121:
      name: Table Ceiling Light
    10.0.1.123:
      name: Kitchen Light
    10.0.1.125:
      name: Livingroom Bank Light Left
    10.0.1.126:
      name: Livingroom Lightstrip TV
    10.0.1.127:
      name: Livingroom Ceiling Light

Link where I got it from: https://www.mistorebenelux.com/product/mi-led-ceiling-light/

Nevermind, light is showing up now. I Forgot to enable LAN control for this device in the Yeelight app… :man_facepalming:

Thread can be closed :slightly_smiling_face:

How do you enabled LAN for MJXDD01YL? Because i’m trying in current version of Yeelight app and i have a problem ;/

1 Like

For me it worked in the Yeelight app (Android) with these steps:

• Click hamburger menu in top left corner
  • Select LAN Management / Local Management / LAN Control (don’t know how it’s called in English in the app, using dutch version myself)
  • Swipe the dot of the light you want to enable LAN on to the right (setting the switch from red/disabled to green/enabled).

Not all Yeeligh/Xiaomi/Aqara devices support local LAN, or sometimes they are bound to a specific region (server) to be able to use this feature.
For my model number it works to set server in Yeelight app to Europe Africa (Frankfurt).
Other option is to set it to Mainland China (Beijing) or one of the other servers listed there.
Also check if you’re using the latest firmware on the lights.

Also temporarely disable adblockers or DNS filtering on your internal WiFi/network as it might be blocking connections to the Yeelight/Xiaomi servers. Be sure that both the light and the app can reach internet directly.

Which problem do you have exactly?

Good luck!

Hi there
I have 7 lamps MUE4086GL which are working great with openHAB. I managed to integrate all with out any problem. Actually the binding finds almost all Xiaomi devices from cloud, also the token is collected and it provides full access.

I try to integrate in HA this lamps and doesn’t work. I’ve seen that integration has only couple of devices and the lamps are not through them.

I tried add them in configuration.yaml but doesn’t work. Probably the LAN control is not enabled and can’t enable it anywhere.

Any chance to integrate these lamps if I have the token?
thanks in advance

I managed to integrate. Installed HACS and after i download integration " Xiaomi Miio For Yeelink".
Then with the tokens from openHAB i finished in 5min.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I’ve an MJXDD01SYL, LAN Control is enabled in Yeelight app, but I cannot add it to HA via Yeelight integration, only via HACS Xiaomi-MIOT-Auto. My problem with Xiaomi-MIOT is that it reacts slowly to state changes due to this the scene changes are not fluent.
I have a Yeelight C2001C450, it works perfectly with Yeelight Integration with better reaction time.
Can anyone help me to add via Yeelight integration?