[SOLVED]Myq cover stoped working (fixed in update 0.92.2)

@bcarter I’m not using docker, I use a virtual environment on a Mac

I use hass.io in docker on Ubuntu

well, what the … that blank file worked… so for all those trying to follow along, I have a docker install of HA (no hass.io) and I updated to the latest image… I also downloaded the /myq/ folder from the current git repo for HA (by the way it has been updated about 30 min ago to include the manifest change) and pasted that into the /config/custom_components/myq/ folder. and then the magic ticket was to include an empty
__init__.py
file in the /config/custom_components/ folder.

this was a lot easier when I just had to pull the image :slight_smile: Thanks for all your help.

1 Like

It’s a new requirement for custom components that I didn’t even think about because I’m using other custom components as well so I already had it

1 Like

silly question… I am new to all of this; do you think the changes will eventually be in the “non custom” component, or will/should I always have to use the custom folder in the future?

Well, no love for me. I am on docker HA. I’ve done all of the above. Downloaded the latest homeassistant repo, extracted to Custom_Components directory. I have the latest manifest file. And I created the init.py file in the custom_components folder. Still no luck. I compared my log file to the above and it matches almost to the “T”. Only difference is, I have not pulled the latest HA. Still running 0.90.0. I wonder if that is the issue?

Yes should be in the next update, there is already a pull request then you can just delete the custom component folder

Did you edit the manifest file?

No go for the custom component on my end. Granted, I am still on the old custom component file structure. I just extracted and copied the file directly into my custom component folder, so now it looks like config/custom_component/myq/py files

Do I need a different file structure?

custom_components is the directory name.

Right, I have that setup. I have other custom components working right now. I stuck the myq folder right into the custom_components dir

That’s what I did. __init__.py, cover.py, manifest.json, and a system created directory __pycache__

I’m still on the old custom component structure, is that what you are on as well. So the file structure you have is /homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/myq/

And then inside the myq folder you have cover.py, _init_.py, and manifest.json, along with a _pycache_ dir? Is the _init_.py a file you created or was it in the extractes folder already?

I’m on the new structure. HA 92.1. Hassio. Files were extracted. pycache was created by the system on restart. config/custom_components/myq

92.2 worked good for me

You have a local solution for MyQ garage hardware? I’m interested. I was really annoyed when I got a new opener that I lost the functionality from my Insteon setup. And I was even more annoyed that Liftmaster wouldn’t allow you to open a garage remotely from Google because of “security”. I pointed out to them the HomeKit version allows you to fully operate the garage, and their response is that Siri is a “personal assistant” and Google is not. That really cheesed me off. They couldn’t elaborate any further, just kept repeating that like I was an idiot. Their forum is full of people annoyed customers over this. Thankfully I found this forum and got HA up and running quickly with the MyQ component. I immediately posted to their forum the HA workaround.

see upthread where i explained it.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/myq-cover-stoped-working/114154/26?u=finity

I wish the devs could push an unofficial release for one-off fixes.

HA 0.92.2 is out and includes the fix.

Working for me with custom component