[Solved] No more web access at HA after a restart of HA!

Hi

Running HA up-to-date in hassio on Pi 3B+ working since a while like that. Today I modified some names of sensors in config file and then restarted HA ! It restarts from what I see in HA logs (loading sensors and everything and I don’t see any “interesting” errors in it but Web interface is down ! No more web access at HA !
I have already done a hard reboot of the PI but still the same ! Ha is well running from what I see in logs but web interface is down ! Hass configurator that I had installed is still avalaible in web without problems !
Any idea where to look for the problem ? As log indicate nothing interesting, I’m not sure what’s next to investigate…

Thanks for help

Vincèn

First thing is look at your configuration yaml. It’s likely got a space somewhere it shouldn’t

One time this happened to me. I went through the same thing, hard reboot and everything. It turned out all I needed to do was reload the page in the browser. For some reason a blank page had “stuck” in the cache or something. It’s probably rarely this easy, but worth a try.

Space in configuration file would prevent ha to start No ? Right now it’s only the web server of ha that is down everything else works like automations…
Not a problem of cache as web server of ha is not running but good idea :wink:
Note: other web servers like the hassio configuration editor add-on is avalaible without problems !
Note bis: configuration editor indicates config file as syntax correct !

depends on where the space is in the config file. HA will start with errors in your config in a lot of cases. Seen it a hundred times on my system.

Oki will check that manually and let you know :wink:

I would most definitely clear the history in your browser. If that doesn’t work it is possible that you have a port conflict because the configurator runs on a different port than 8123 which is the normal homeassistant / hassio port. I have had this happen to me before when I added things to my system that utilized the same port that was already being used and never noticed a problem until I restarted one or the other component. If the configurator is still accessible this should be easy to check. Open configurator and find the “http:” entry.
Should be near the top. If it’s not there add it . Then put the following under it
“port:” add a space after the : and then enter 8124
Entry should look like this-
http:
port: 8124

Blockquote

Don’t forget the space after :
Save, restart and navigate to //your_hass_ip:8124
Or whatever port number that you Entered under http.
If doesn’t work, just open configurator again and remove the port: entry, save and restart and you will be back where you were.
Hope this helps.

@flamingm0e I’m sorry to tell you were right about syntax of config file ! I have checked it manually and I could not find any syntax or formatting errors but there were few empty lines with tabs in it and cleared all useless spaces and it restarted fine :wink: Looks like a very boring bug that one :frowning: Perhaps I should report that problem no ? as it should at least report a problem in syntax or whatever in logs instead of staying silent !!

@msauto thanks for suggestion and it would have been next time to test if it would not have been the config file issue :wink:

Thanks you too for help :slight_smile:

no problem,glad you got it!

I may have similar issue: where and how can i check that with command line? Do i need to use root or user i made during set-up?