SOLVED: One sensor updates, the other doesn't

Hi everyone

I managed to get power production from my inverter into Home Assistant. I probably used a very incorrect way, but so far the values look accurate so I am still happy. The values come into HA via MQTT. I used Helpers > Riemann sum integral sensor with the Left option to calculate the kWh production from my sensor.inverter1_pv_input_watts and sensor.inverter2_pv_input_watts values respectively. I then have a custom sensor calculation that combines the two values to give me total kWh produced.

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      total_power_production:
        friendly_name: "Total Power Production"
        unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.inverter1_power_generation')|float) + (states('sensor.inverter2_power_generation')|float) }}"

From here I created a Utility Meter that will reset counters daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.

This all works fantastic. However, I followed exactly the same logic creating consumption counters. I get the watts consumed from sensor.inverter1_load_watts and sensor.inverter2_load_watts. I then created a Riemann sum integral sensor with the Left option to calculate kWh used on both these sensors, and then I again have:

sensor:
    sensors:
      total_power_consumption:
        friendly_name: "Total Power Consumption"
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.my_inverter1_consumption_in_watts')|float) + (states('sensor.inverter2_consumption_in_watts') | float) }}"

Note here: I know the one sensor is named my_inverter1_consumption_in_watts and the other just sensor.inverter2_consumption_in_watts. That is because the initial sensor I created gave me weird values and I could net get rid of the historic values.

The problem: My production counters are running well and are updating constantly. My consumption counters just stay the same the whole time.

Measurements at 12:50:

Measurements at 12:52

I am sure that the watts reading on the MQTT is updating correctly, as I am pulling those values into Gauge card in a different dashboard, and they are changing with every reading.

So why would it not update the consumption like it is updating the production? Any ideas would make me a very grateful person.

I seemed to have solved it myself.

I had a configuration issue. My initial config was as follows:

sensor:
  - platform: rest
    resource: http://myendpoint:9925/api/meal-plans/today
    method: GET
    name: Aandete vanaand
    headers:
      Authorization: Bearer MYAPITOKEN
    value_template: "{{ value_json.name }}"
    json_attributes:
      - slug

sensor:
    sensors:
      total_power_consumption:
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.my_inverter1_consumption_in_watts')|float) + (states('sensor.inverter2_consumption_in_watts') | float) }}"

sensor:
    sensors:
      total_power_production:
        value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.inverter1_power_generation')|float) + (states('sensor.inverter2_power_generation')|float) }}"

But the keyword sensor should only be there once, otherwise HA will take the last occurrence of sensor and only apply that entity it seems. So I changed it to:

sensor:
  - platform: rest
    resource: http://myendpoint:9925/api/meal-plans/today
    method: GET
    name: Aandete vanaand
    headers:
      Authorization: Bearer MYAPITOKEN
    value_template: "{{ value_json.name }}"
    json_attributes:
      - slug

# sensor:
    sensors:
      total_power_consumption:

# sensor:
    sensors:
      total_power_production:

All my calculations are working as expected now it seems. So I am happy.