SOLVED: Please add support for blinds activated in the IKEA integration

I had the same issue… but it looks like that bug is gone. It have been working flawleesly now for two days. Both lights and blinds and i am running 0.100.3.
But i see if the battery on the blinds gets low… everything dont work as it should.

Ok, so I’ve redownloaded from you, and added the tradfri folder custom components.
I’ll see what happens the next couple of days.
Will this be the code that is added back to HA if it passes tests?

Ok, I had to remove it again, every time I rebooted, the IKEA integration lost every entity (all marked as unavailable).

Thanks for this! Worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Hmm, it’s really weird, since the last few updates the tradfri integration goes ‘unavailable’ on all entities when I reboot the HA, no matter if it’s with the original integration or @7even.

102 will have retry logic if you configured it in the UI

Hi @ludeeus thanks, where do I find that?

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/28179

Ok, so are you saying in 0.102 it should be fixed or is it 0.100.2? . But I didn’t see this problem previously, so why is it suddenly a problem? It can’t be 0.100.2, because I don’t see anything in the GUI that allows me to retry?

102, it was merged after the cutoff for 101, and you would not see anything in the UI.
This logic happens during the startup, and only if you configured it with the UI (not YAML).

Instead of giving up when you get a communication issue during startup, it will retry to set it up until it can.

@ggravlingen is also adding more logic to handle communication issues here https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/28241

It is configured with the UI. But I don’t see it come back with it, it’s been rebooted 15 mins ago, and all but the gateway is still unavailable, but could that be because I’m using @7even tradfri?

Yes and no, 102 does not exist yet, when it does it will be an updated version of a custom version you now have, so when 102 is released you need to remove the custom variant to start using the official version again.

1 Like

Ok, great, thankjyou for clearing that up, so it’s still a bit away, if we are on 0.100 and it’s at 0.102 :thinking:

Correct, it was merged the day after the beta for 101 was cut, my best guess is 102 will arrive in about 5,5 weeks.

As an alternative you can do what you are doing now, by copying the files directly from the dev branch of HA like @7even showed you.

Sure, but I think it will impact the waf (which is already strained because of the WLED under the bed :laughing:) so I’ll stay on the release, and just be a bit carefull with the restarting.

Where can I find the battery status?

Just curious how Home Assistant can ‘talk’ to the Fyrtur blinds - any new hardware needed? I already run Zigbee2Mqtt but that’s a receiver not a transceiver, isn’t it?

I have the IKEA hub, and that is integrated to HA.
Dunno about zigbee2mqtt.

Que? Not sure what you are saying here?

Sorry, I’m being unclear! I’m trying to find out what hardware I would need to communicate with the blind (ie to tell it to go down or up), and if already running Zigbee2Mqtt IS that hardware. I posited that it probably isn’t, because the dongle used with Zigbee2mqtt is receive only rather than transmit?