[SOLVED]Sonoff Basic R1 does not connect to Unifi APs

Push “the button” to pair “them”? You lost me on the 3rd step.

Hey there, I mean go through the standard pairing process of the sonoff (press and hold the button on the sonoff etc)

Hmm…never done that before. I’ve always flashed with tasmota and arduino ide. ESPHome is easier, but so far I haven’t gotten it to work with quite a few devices.

The whole process refers to sonoffs with original F/W, it’s a different story if you have fllashed something else :slight_smile:

I have about 10 Basic R1 switches that I haven’t gotten to yet, and that happened today, so I was looking for a solution. So I’m fuzzy on what I need to do with my Ubiquiti controller / AP’s in order to get these silly things to work.

It’s wasn’t an AP issue for me, just pair the sonoffs to a different AP and SSID name… and back to the ubiquiti

You mean pair them to a junk router and not another SSID on the ubiquity network?

Exactly, find a junk router they want to co-opearte with, set a different SSID than the one you want to finaly have on the Ubiquiti, pair them there, un-pair them, then the ubqt pairing should work.

What the ?!?! How in the world would anyone figure that out? That sounds like a really weird problem

Hence my furstration :slight_smile:

Okay, well, I’ll give it a shot tomorrow.

It’s a different issue then.

In my experience, btw, I found that for basic, on/off functionality, the ha component supporting the original fw is really stable and Hustle-free.

Plus I think that I get a sliiightly better wifi signal and connectivity with the original fw.