SOLVED Tuya: Can't Link Devices By App Account: Data Center Error

It worked well yesterday, my guess is Tuya made some kind off change today and that needs to be fixed.
Certainly not the fault of the HA folks, so I appreciate them working on it !

1 Like

So, basically, I have discovered 2 things.

1. I used to work with the HACS “tuya v2”, that one doesn’t connect anymore, I switched back to the ‘official’ Tuya integration which connects;
  2. Some data centers changed and the logic is akward: f.i. France, Belgium, Netherlands are considered “Central Europe” and not “Western Europe”
    Mappings Between OEM App Accounts and Data Centers-Documentation-Tuya Developer
6 Likes

THIS was the answer I needed. I thought I had tried Western America Data Center by itself, but evidently I had not. When I removed Eastern and just used Western, I was able to complete the Add App Account steps.

Thank you very much.

3 Likes

I tried each data center one by one until one worked. You can’t put all in at the same time. This new Tuya integration seems to be fare more complicated to get working than the old one.

3 Likes

Yeah, This is kind of ridiculous on a couple of points! Mainly have an api that links with the app and get rid of this developer account shit that changes daily ( I know that’s Tuya). Honestly this shouldn’t be accepted as an official integration. This just bad for the home assistant platform. If it’s official then it should be air tight this is clumsy AF to say the least.

1 Like

Thanks that did work for me! Appreciate you taking the time to post.

I have read through all this and I just cannot get it to work. I have tried every data center with no luck. Now when I try to add my Tuya App account, it gives me a message that I already have two linked devices, when in fact the IoT platform says I have 0 linked accounts and 0 linked devices. It just seems to me that the IoT platform is the problem. Is using their platform the only way to link Tuya to HA? So sad if it is.

2 Likes

I have moved to Local Tuya, works pretty ok

I am having the same issue, did you ever get it working?

Same issue here

ive tried everything on here and mpore and nothing says:

Failed to bind App Account to the project, possibly due to the following reasons.

1. This App account has already been bound to the project

2. You have not selected a data center that matches your account. If you don’t know the data center of your account, please check App account data center distribution.

2 Likes

I dont believe i just worked it out, you have to add a user under the user section of the project and put the tuya email and password in then once a user is created the app logged in under central europe.

1 Like

how?

I also want to switch from Tuya to LocalTuya, but I need to find out the local keys for all my devices. Apparently to find out the local keys, I need to do this whole linking account dance in the Tuyo IoT Dev platform which as with you doesn’t work, same error, the data center is correct however

So I’m stuck. I really want to move away but can’t get to the local keys. The Tuya integration is still working in my HA and I can see and interact with all my devices, so is there some way I can get to the local keys?

Are you using the latest Local Tuya?
The dancing around on Tuya IOT platform is unavoidable I am afraid

yes localTuya newest version, just installed it today from HACS

Thanks a lot! That did the trick! Netherlands = Central Europe… :wink:

I had to switch from Easter US to the Western US Datacenter, even though I live in Atlanta, GA. Weird, but working now.

I guys the Tuya people are not that strong at Geography :wink:

This really helped me and I wanted to add another hint in case others are struggling. My first tuya device is the FSTWIFITU fused spur switch.
First issue was resolved from the hint from cannockwolf to add the user account. The next is that the email address for the account is case sensitive.

SOLVED: Ok, so using this comment from cannockwolf I got it solved. Here’s how.
0) Follow setup on the homeassistant website for creating a project. Stop at the point where it tells you to scan a QR code.

1. I’m on the eastern seaboard but selected the western database. No clue why that worked but hey.
  2. Go to the Tuya IoT Platform site and click on Cloud (left sidebar) → Users (Top bar menu) → Add User (popup) → Email (Popup top menu).
  3. Enter the email and password you used for your TUYA or SMART LIFE APP (The one on your phone). The password requirements are different for the phone and this box. So just put a password that works on this web form then change the password on your phone app to match.
  4. Submit//accept and you should see the user appear in system.
  5. NOW you go to Devices (top bar menu) on the Tuya IoT webpage → Link Tuya App Account (top-submenu) “Add app account”. It will pop up a QR code.
  6. Go to the Tuya//smart life app on your PHONE and click the bottom left “Me” icon.
  7. Once in the account page, click icon that looks like four corners of a box with a horizontal line through it. It is in the top right of the screen next to the hexagon on the top right of my screen.
  8. This should open your camera and start scanning.
  9. Scan the QR code
  10. Accept the popup even if the user is a string of characters
  11. This should trigger the screen on your computer (Tuya IoT Platform) to prompt for “autodiscovery” and access type.
  12. Choose autodiscovery and read//write//manage.
  13. It should find your devices. You can just close out of the sidebar menu that pops up. “X” on the top right in the Tuya IoT Platform page.
  14. Continue with the setup in either LocalTuya or the Tuya official app (I haven’t gotten this far, but I can see my devices and account now in the IoT Platform page.

ORIGINAL POST: This is so frustrating. I have tried linking both the Tuya Smart app and the Smart Life app and gotten nothing on their site.

After I scan the QR code I get a verification request on the phone for some random chinese name. I hit “allow” then if fails to find devices, but also WILL NOT show me the linked account. I now cannot unlink the account, cannot see the account as linked in the IoT portal to manage settings, and cannot try re-linking the account because I now get an “account already bound” error. It doesn’t seem to matter what data center I use (eastern or western US), but lets me link the account regardless.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Likes