Solved: Unable to pair Sengled LED strip with ZHA

I recently got some new Zigbee devices and have been unable to get some of them to pair using ZHA. I have two Sengled LED strips, model E1G-G8E, and an Inovelli Blue switch. I have no problem getting any of them into pairing mode, but ZHA just never sees them. I’ve tried moving one of the LED strips directly next to the controller, but still nothing.

However, the remotes that came with the LED strips (Sengled model E1E-G7F) paired just fine.

My controller is an old Vera Edge that I’m using via ser2net, which Home Assistant identifies as a Silicon Labs EZSP. Is it just too old at this point, and I need to break down and get a new controller?

Edit: the Inovelli was apparently impacted by a bad batch from the manufacturer, and should be getting replaced.

I finally got the Sengled LED strips paired! I was apparently holding the reset button too long (10s instead of 8s), and it was displaying a behavior similar to pairing mode, but wasn’t actually going into pairing mode. After I released the reset button, the LEDs started blinking on and off repeatedly. When I successfully got them into pairing mode, they blinked twice (I think), then cycled through blue-green-red (but not necessarily in that order), and then were almost immediately detected by ZHA. All problems resolved.

1 Like

Found this post after struggling with this same model today. It motivated me to keep trying and found for whatever reason 8 seconds was too long for me. I tried 5 seconds and that worked right away after trying a dozen at 8 seconds. I even used a stopwatch to confirm each attempt.

I’d have just thrown the strip light out if it didn’t produce such good color.

1 Like