[SOLVED]Unified Remote integration possible?

I would be happy to pay someone to make a solid Unified Remote integration.
Seems like perfect choice for HA with it’s API and extensive features.

Hell, I would try to make it myself, if I had the skills…

1 Like

I used to use Unified Remote and did a few scripts to integrate with HA (mostly service calls). But later I found that i could do the same and with some advantages using HAdashboard.

Can you please explain? How can a new dashboard allow me to control a Windows PC through HA?
I’ve checked HAdashboard documentation and there was no mention on that.
What am I missing?

I thought you want the other way around… i.e. using the unified remote to control HA.

I came from the future to just say that I DID A INTEGRATION with unified remote and HA. It already works but is not documented yet (I will working on it in the next days). When I completely finish it (some code refactoring and a how to use complete guide) I will create a topic here to explain a little more about. The cool part is that you don’t need any weird methods to do this, like pay for an mobile app to trigger the remotes and use tasker (another paid app) to automate.

3 Likes

Hello man from the future!
This sounds great, looking forward to see it in action.

1 Like

Ok guys, there it is:

3 Likes

:clap:
Will check and come back with comments Davi,
Thanks a lot for this.

Edit: Excuse my igonrance, is this the equivalent of manually adding the files to your hass.io installation?

1 Like

Yes it is, but very soon I’ll be adding on HACS to easy installation.

2 Likes

Works great!

I was a little confused with declaring the remotes and then calling them as services but that was due to me rushing through your documentation.

Thanks again.

(btw, is there a way to call remotes, not previously defined in remotes.yml, through services? for testing purposes?)

It is pretty easy, just follow the example file that already comes with integration, and read this section to find the remote info and add it with a desired friendly name to device file.

For now, is not possible to call remotes without declare it first, I really did not think about that, but I can add this in the next version.

This is great - thanks for your hard work. Works perfectly and suits my usage very well (using my main PC to run VLC to my TV). I use unified remote to control things like the mouse/keyboard, but now I can automate things like switching monitors/dimming lights/pausing VLC when a noisy train passes by :smiley:

1 Like

Dude, that’s so nice, I very appreciate your feedback, but wait… how the hell your HA knows when a train is passing? LOL

1 Like

Haha, I live right next to a train line which has noisy freight trains. I have a couple of arduino’s around the home and can trigger (mqtt) things based on noise levels.

2 Likes

Enough home automation for today :rofl:

1 Like

New release, now you don’t need to declare remotes before call it.

1 Like

If there’s some one here that understand about async programming…

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/i-cant-turn-my-integration-to-async/

Works great!

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks Davi :slight_smile:

1 Like

This works great! I’m able to play, pause, next track, etc. in the Lovelace UI.

However in the documentation all of the examples are actions. Is there any way to read a value? Specifically the Winamp remote shows the current track and the form data looks like this:

{“ID”:“Unified.Winamp”,“Action”:5,“Request”:5,“Source”:“web-01bbd182-7495-4bfc-83b5-2b5cdadab87a”}

I would love to be able to display the current track in my Lovelace UI.

Edit: After further looking at the form data and running it through Postman I don’t see it returning any track data so may not be possible without customizing Unified Remote itself.