SOLVED: Updated HACS ... custom tiles not working!

Clearly I’m missing something, but I’m damned if I can see it!

I recently updated to the latest HACS (1.0.3) and since then, none of those components work anymore. My Lovelace tiles are getting “Custom element doesn’t exist: mini-graph-card” and “Custom element doesn’t exist: mini-media-player” for the two custom elements I’m using.

It appears the custom integration seems to be working ok … at least as far as I can tell from the states list (… well, they’re not “unavailable” at least).

I’ve tried changing the resources section of my lovelace-ui.yaml file to mate what it says when trying to reinstall to …

resources:
  - url: /hacsfiles/mini-graph-card/mini-graph-card-bundle.js
    type: module
  - url: /hacsfiles/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js
    type: module

… but that didn’t make any difference. I tried moving the plugins directly to the www folder and reference that as /local/, but that didn’t work. Any guidance at this point would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: The problem is solved. Updating to the latest 224 core (which popped up yesterday) along with changing /hacsfiles/<plugin location> to /local/community/<plugin location> seems to have fixed the issue. The last part may not have been required, but I was trying everything I could at the time and am now sticking with “if it ain’t broken …”.

Since 0.107 the resources have to be in configuration.yaml if in yaml mode.

This awesome new feature comes with a deprecation if you use Lovelace in manual YAML mode: You need to move the resources section from your ui-lovelace.yaml to the lovelace: section in configuration.yaml . It is not a breaking change yet; we still load them from the previous location if we didn’t find anything in the lovelace: section, however, this fallback is being removed in a future version.

That didn’t fix it, but funnily enough, the latest core update (that dropped just a couple of hours ago) did!

Now that the resources care in the configuration.yaml file though, it might be worthwhile to start using UI mode instead; there have been so many improvements to it, that I’m keen to give to a try. I’m not keen to manually rebuild my UI from the ui-lovelace.yaml file. Is there any way to convert your YAML mode config to a UI mode config?

Where you running HA 0.110 before upgrading to HACS 1.0.x
version 1.0 of HACS requires HA 0.110.x minimum

Yes. I’ve been keeping my HA up to date, patching regularly.

I’ve just installed this from Hacs, it used the /hacsfiles/ changing it to /loca/community didn’t work. still seeing that error in lovelace. how do i resolve this?