SOLVED! Websocket Traceback error

Hi All,
I’m getting these errors every few seconds in HA. I do have nodered connected, but i’m not seeing any errors in that.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 66, in async_handle
handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 102, in handle_subscribe_events
if not connection.user.is_admin:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_admin'

I just noticed similar messages in my log:

Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]: 2018-12-18 17:16:04 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.139958571163944] Error handling message: {'id': 34666, 'type': 'subscribe_events'}
Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]:   File "/home/user/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 66, in async_handle
Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]:     handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]:   File "/home/user/homeassistant/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 102, in handle_subscribe_events
Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]:     if not connection.user.is_admin:
Dec 18 17:16:04 [hostname] hass[27226]: AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_admin'

Getting that also…

Log Details (ERROR)
Tue Dec 18 2018 08:14:33 GMT-0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Error handling message: {'id': 7188, 'type': 'subscribe_events'}
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/connection.py", line 66, in async_handle
    handler(self.hass, self, schema(msg))
  File "/usr/src/app/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 102, in handle_subscribe_events
    if not connection.user.is_admin:
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'is_admin'`

Same here, and my HA triggers in the remote Node-red instance aren’t working.

Are you using the legacy password for your HA server in Node-Red, per chance? Switching that to a token worked for me.

I was using the legacy password for Appdaemon, just switched that out for token and the errors have stopped.

Thanks for that @longman391

You bet, happy to help!

I have the exact same problem, but I do not understand how to fix it. I am not using nodered tho, I have only a RPi with Hassbian and Appdeamon (with HADashboard).

Could someone give me more detail on the procedure ?

Also, why isn’t there an option to disable auth all together ? Since it’s implementation I have only had issues with it, and as my instance is not accessible from outside of my network, I don’t really care about auth. On top of that, I only use browsers that do not store cookies or connection data, so each time I want to access HA I need to input the password. It’s really annoying.