[SOLVED] Xiaomi chuangmi.plug.m1 - cannot integrate

Weirdest thing - I have the classic Xiaomi Chuangmi M1 Wifi plug. I have had it integrated before.

Now, for the life of me, I can’t do it. I can add it in the Xiaomi app BUT it doesn’t show up in the app after successful setup. I do see its IP and token in the Get Mi Home token extractor app, tried to add it manually into config.yaml but to no avail (“The xiaomi_miio platform for the switch integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config”). I tried the (not recommended) manual config in the Miio integration but again - the actual switch is inactive, greyed out.

Xiaomi Miio integration does not auto-detect it. Any tips?

EDIT: it did appear after some time with the manual install (via Integrations, the “not recommended” option)

I have the same problem, but even when manually adding it I get: The xiaomi_miio platform for the switch integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.

How you fixed it?

Had same issue, fixed it by manually adding the device (tick the Configure manually “not recommended” option). You will need IP + token which can be extracted using one of the methods here - Xiaomi Miio - Home Assistant, I personally used the cloud tokens extractor and after entering that data, HA managed to add the device which is finally online now!