Solved - Z-Wave node 35 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

I’m currently running 0.90.2.

I was running the 64 bit version on my Pi 3B+, and just changed over to the 32 bit version. After I restored my previous config, I had some problems getting a wireless contact sensor working ( HomeSeer HS-DS100+).

I stopped my Hassio instance and deleted my DB file and removed the duplicate zwave entities from zwcfg_0xcdb6ae0c.xml.

I did finally get my contact sensor working, but now I have these unneeded errors showing in my log. How get rid of these errors from my log? It’s not really causing a problem, I just don’t want it cluttering things up.

2019-04-06 12:37:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave node 33 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave entity Unknown Node 33 Locked (node_id: 33) not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave node 35 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave entity Unknown Node 35 Sensor (node_id: 35) not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:09 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave node 36 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave entity Unknown Node 36 Sensor (node_id: 36) not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave node 37 not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway
2019-04-06 12:37:10 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.zwave] Z-Wave entity Unknown Node 37 Sensor (node_id: 37) not ready after 30 seconds, continuing anyway

Are you saying node 33, 35, 36, & 37 do not exist? Have you tried deleting their references from the Entity Registry?

Correct. Nodes 33, 35, 36 & 37 do not exist. I did check the entity registry and I didn’t see them listed in there.

I do see the entities showing up in the Z-Wave Integrations area, but I don’t see a way to remove them from there.

They may be stored on your zwave radio then. What are you using for zwave on your Pi?

I’ve got the Sigma Designs HUSBZB-1 Z-Wave USB Adapter. It has Z-wave and Zigbee support.

That’s what I am using too. I am still in “learn & play” mode with HA & zwave. I find removing & re-adding devices gives them new node numbers leaving the old ones orphaned.

I have used zensys-tools on Windows to reset the zwave controller and then re-adding my nodes. Not the best solution, I know.

Thanks @anon34565116. I’d not heard of the zensys-tools before. I’ll see if I can get the failed nodes removed that way.

More info on using the tool from a different forum :wink:

1 Like

Those are in the core.device_registry file. The entity registry editor does not touch those so they have to be removed manually.

1 Like

I ended up doing a Reset on my Zwave network with zensys-tools and completely rebuilding it. That took care of the errors I was seeing in the logs. Thanks for the help @anon34565116 and @freshcoast!

1 Like

You have to manually delete old nodes in core.xxxx files located in /config/.storage

Will that remove them from Configuration ->Integration -> Zwave too?
Removing from the Entity Registry does not appear to do that.

yes it will

1 Like

I also have this issue with “high numbered nodes” appearing in the log that I don’t actually have in the network… I just did a desperate attempt, reinstalling Hassio completely (formatting the SD-card), as well as adding a brand new USB-stick (since I thought the old one, Aeotec, was broken somehow)…

With the new stick in, starting up the Z-Wave Network for the first time this is how the log looks…

Note how I have 0 devices added. This is a fresh install… What the?..

Any advice on what I should do?

If you have no devices loaded on it, I would suggest trying the zensys-tools and having that erase everything on your Aeotec stick.

I wiped my zwave stick with the zensys-tools and it fixed the problem I was having. I did have to re-add everything to my zwave network, but my zwave network has been very stable since I took that step.

That’s just a bug in the Logging code in OZW 1.4. You can ignore then.