Some integrations not wotking

Pretty new to HA and my system has been running quite well for a couple of months.

Just noticed that ESPHome was not working and found the integration wont start. I get this:
‘’’
Failed to start add-on
Unknown error, see supervisor
‘’’

In the supervisor log I get this error:

‘’’
21-07-17 22:07:43 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.utils.json] Can’t write data/addons/data/a0d7b954_esphome/options.json: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: ‘/data/addons/data/a0d7b954_esphome/tmpa0umuwl2’
21-07-17 22:07:43 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on a0d7b954_esphome can’t write options
‘’’

As well as this I get a 401: unauthorized error when opening Visual Studio Code

My system is an old NUC with an SSD running core-2021.7.2

Any ideas.

Gaz

1 Like

HassOS or Debian ?

Same here with HassOS

1 Like

I’m running HassOS

BTW, all my existing devices and automation are still working.

Gaz

I have reinstalled HassOS and restored a recent snapshot and my system is running again.

I did have to re-install the ESPHome integration to get that working.

The 401 error was bit of a furphy as those bits worked OK from Edge, changing the privacy settings in Firefox fixed it there as well.

Gaz

Mind sharing which privacy settings you changed? Firefox is the problem in my case too.

Update: I was blocking all third party cookies, that breaks some extensions. This did not happen one week ago before the last update.

I had to turn off the enhanced tracking protection for the HA box and it works OK.

Gaz

and where exactly do we do this ?

In firefox click on the shield on the url bar at the top.

It seems to be working fine without doing that at the moment though.

1 Like