Some iOS-specific issues: actionable notifications and opening apps

HA Companion is working great for me in most respects. I recently got actionable notifications up & running, and they work okay… I have them coming in through several Node-RED flows, and while I always get the notifications, I find it hard/impossible get the action buttons to appear. If I’m sitting in front of my device, and it’s unlocked, and I swipe down on the notification when it comes in, only then will the Action buttons load. If I happen to tap—rather than swipe—the notification, then HA Companion opens up instead.

Is this just a matter of how my device notifications are set up? I’d like to think I’m pretty well versed in the configuration, but with iOS upgrades & whatnot, I know they’ve changed and maybe I missed something.

The other thing I’ve tried and failed to do is opening other apps through HA Companion. I thought there as a very straightforward way to do this, but maybe I’m wrong. In the case below, I want to be able to tap the camera image and have the “DS cam” app open up. Do I have the syntax wrong, or am I just way off base?

I have the same issue. Here’s a script to test actionable notifications:

notification_test:
  alias: "Test iOS Action Notifications"
  icon: "mdi:apple-ios"
  sequence:
    - service: notify.mobile_app_daniels_iphone
      data:
        title: "Garage!"
        data:
          actions:
            - action: "LIGHTGARAGEOFF" # The key you are sending for the event
              title: "Lights off" # The button title
              icon: "sfsymbols:lightbulb.slash"

I then have an automation that catches the event as trigger.

If I wear my Apple Watch it works just fine - notifcation shows up, I click the button, event is fired.

If the watch is not connected / worn, the notification is shown on my iPhone without any buttons.

I am at a loss - the configuration appears to be right as it’s working just fine on the watch. No idea where to look…

Update: Tested on a second iOS device - same problem.

On your phone you have to press long on the notification to get the actions