Some issues after Hassbian installation

Hey guys!

I’m completely new here at home-assistant and I’m excited to learn a lot of stuff! I decided on use that Hassbian image. The installation process works great, but I’ve some issues direct after the the process is done, when I connect the first time to the frontend. So I can’t restart the HA-server under configuration > server management. Maybe this is an error at the services itself because the services menu under dev tools isn’t loading as well.

Here my home-assistant.log file:

2017-07-16 17:16:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 237, in _step
result = next(coro)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 381, in async_process_entity
new_entity, self, update_before_add=update_before_add
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 238, in async_add_entity
yield from entity.async_update_ha_state()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 246, in async_update_ha_state
attr = self.state_attributes or {}
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 415, in state_attributes
self._convert_for_display(self.current_temperature),
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 700, in _convert_for_display
raise TypeError(“Temperature is not a number: %s” % temp)
TypeError: Temperature is not a number: unknown
2017-07-16 17:16:34 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 237, in _step
result = next(coro)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 381, in async_process_entity
new_entity, self, update_before_add=update_before_add
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py”, line 238, in async_add_entity
yield from entity.async_update_ha_state()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py”, line 246, in async_update_ha_state
attr = self.state_attributes or {}
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 415, in state_attributes
self._convert_for_display(self.current_temperature),
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.4/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py”, line 700, in _convert_for_display
raise TypeError(“Temperature is not a number: %s” % temp)
TypeError: Temperature is not a number: unknown
2017-07-16 17:16:58 WARNING (Thread-3) [netdisco.ssdp] Error fetching description at http://192.168.0.254:49152/wps_device.xml

I hope someone has a litte time for me :slight_smile:

-Flo

what did you implement after the fesh install ? There is more likely a problem with it. You restarted once after the changes, that made HA crash because of some error and obviously you can’t restart it now from frontend as it is crashed.

You can still restart it using ssh
sudo systemctl restart [email protected]

Try that and tell us what your log says. (you can directly see the .log file in the homeassistant folder)

If you did not even started adding some code, just reflash the sd card and start over, maybe it will work well this time.

thanks for your response! I’ve just added the DarkSky with

sensor:

• platform: darksky
    api_key: {API}
    monitored_conditions:
    • summary
    • icon
    • nearest_storm_distance
      edit:
      and the MaxCube! plugin

after the “sudo systemctl restart [email protected]” command this is my log file:

2017-07-16 19:35:28 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Error doing job: Fatal read error on socket transport
File “/usr/lib/python3.4/asyncio/selector_events.py”, line 582, in _read_ready
data = self._sock.recv(self.max_size)
TimeoutError: [Errno 110] Connection timed out

There’re no entries with the TimeStamp of the restart. But at least the service tool works again, only the Map looks still like a Swiss cheese :smile:

When you post parts of code, please use preformated text (symbol is </>), that way we can see if there is any syntax error.

For the error itself that you keep getting, I do not know what is the issue that leads to it, sorry.
Try commenting the last stuff you changed, restart, then see if the error is still there. Then slowly add back the stuff to see what causes the issue

I dont’t know where the problem was. Now I tried with an new Jessie installation and the all in one Skript for RPis and it works like a charm!

Thanks for support!

1 Like

I also have the map issue on 0.49.0

Try to upgrade the HA to v.0.50.2. :slight_smile: