Some zigbee2mqtt sensors became "Unavailable" after reboot

This problem popped up after a reboot of Home Assistant this morning. All the zigbee temperature sensors became “unavailable” after reboot. Strangely, I lost some entities within certain devices, while other devices only certain entities work, but others, like the battery level, no longer work.

This Motion sensor has the motion entities still working. I can walk into the room and the sensor shows detected motion. But the battery and link quality are messed up

Then there’s this contact sensor that seems to have lost some of the entities usually associated with it. I’m pretty sure there used to be battery voltage on it. The door contact indicator itself seems to still be working.

My Zigbee2MQTT seems to be running OK. Zigbee2MQTT is running on a separate raspberry pi, and devices show up in HA via MQTT discovery. I can actually subscribe to the device name and see battery as part of the JSON that it spits out. Other Zigbee2MQTT devices, like zigbee lights, seem to work fine. So far, it seems to be only certain entities within contact sensors, temperature sensors, and motion sensors. I’ve also push some buttons on the temperature sensor to make it send something, and it’s definitely has sent stuff for HA to pick up since the reboot. I maintain a separate Grafana chart of zigbee MQTT data, and I see lots of updated temperatures since reboot 12 hours ago.

I’m running core-2021.5.5. Any ideas what happened?

Do you actually mean a reboot of the host machine or just a restart of Home Assistant?

Two different things.

Ah ok, I mean restart Home Assistant, via the server controls on the UI.