Sometimes WLan adapter is deactivated after boot when LAN is not connected to router

Hi all,
this is my version:

• Home Assistant 11.2 on a Raspberry Pi 4
  • Home Assistant Core 2023.12.4

and this is my configuration:

• Access to local network and internet via WLAN (and also access from the browser to HA)
  • Access to a Solaredge inverter via LAN (just the Raspbi and the inverter, nothing more, no internet connection, no router, no hub, just one cable between the raspbi and the inverter).

(the reason for this cponfiguration is that I do not have a LAN in the cellar where my inverter is placed, and the inverter only supports modbus TCP via LAN, not via WLAN. Therefore I placed my raspbi directly beneath the inverter)

I had a hard time to get the data from the inverter into HA, but finally it worked with these settings:

• WLAN0 automatic
  • EDN0 static / gateway / DNS Server

(Without setting the gateway and the DNS server to the address of the inverter, no communication between HA and the inverter was possible).

When I boot the Raspbi in this configuration, sometimes it is possible to connect via the browser to HA, sometimes its not (when its not possible, also a ping does not work). When I remove the LAN-cable from the raspbi, it is always possible to connect.

Is it possible to configure the network like this using HA? If not, can I configure the network in the host OS “correctly”, and HA does not interfere with that?

I have found out that the WLAN adapter is decativated when the raspbi cannot be reached via HA and ping.

I could solve this by changing the WLAN configuration of my router: I changed it to WPA2-AES and 20 MHz only. Details see here.