Somfy Connectivity Kit support for Overkiz and/or HomeKit

Hi,

is anyone using the Somfy Connectivity Kit with Home Assistant?
I could not find any reliable information if it works …

1. … with the Overkiz integration (like tahoma switch)
  2. … with Homekit for local control

Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks

I don’t know about HomeKit support, however the Overkiz integration should work for sure. The Somfy TaHoma Switch has HomeKit support though and should be in the same price range, if I am not mistaken.

Thanks @imick
Having Overkiz support is good, the Connectivity Kit is 70€ whereas the Tahoma Switch is around 200€ - which makes a difference for what I want to use it.
I have 17 blinds/shutters/covers - this would fit the Connectivity Kit.

Anyhow, my main goal is to make the locally usable, if the internet is dead, I would still like to move my blinds :wink: and this would only be possible with homekit integration.

I am testing the Switch right now, and it works with HomeKit and therefor “local” support. But from the price range, I would love to use the Connectivity Kit, and I am not a big fan of Somfy and its cloud strategy - to be honest.

Anyhow, does anyone know if the Connectivity Kit also supports HomeKit ?

1 Like

According to Somfy: TaHoma or Connectivity Kit, it should support HomeKit… But no guarantees from my side. :smiley:

1 Like

I looked at this page at least a dozen times, and have overseen this information :smiley:
Thanks, this is enough to order this little bastard and get my somfy blinds into HA.
The last missing piece :smiley: from a time I had no clue how locked in somfy is and how much I hate this mindset :smiley:

Thanks, I will update the thread as soon as the box arrives :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got my somfy connectivity kit today and it was successfully detected by the homekit and overkiz integration :slight_smile:
Did not had much time for testing now, but the box gets reported as… using overkiz

Whereas homekit reports the following

So if you need someone for further information, to get the integration working “correctly” with the box - let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for this post. I’m following the topic with interest. I would like to control 8 Tahoma roller shutters, 3 Velux roller shutters and 3 Velux electric window openers with HA. So a total of 14 io-homecontrol devices. The Somfy Connectivity Kit for currently €69 seems to be the cheapest solution at the moment.

I am particularly interested in the following questions:

1. Can the Velux devices also be controlled?

2. Is the Velux rain sensor on the roof window even displayed?

3. Does it all work without an internet connection?

I do have 16 devices, some awnings, some blinds (shutters however they are called correctly in english) anyhow, they all work, I do not know which motors are used for the awnings and blinds on the balcony, but as long as they report via IO this should be fine.
I also used VELUX controlls with my somfy motors, all not an issue as long as they are IO-homecontrol compatible. I think this is the only good thing about IO-homecontrol, companies get forced by somfy to follow the standard :wink:

1. Pretty sure
  2. This is something I do not know, but the device does not limit the device class, the description only talks about 20 devices maximum. So I would also assume yes, otherwise Somfy would not have learned anything about the connexoon disaster :wink:
  3. Depending on the integration with HA. If you use the overkiz integration - NO. If you connect HA via Homekit - YES. Depending on the device, homekit does not offer you everything. For example I do not have a “Stop” button. I can set a position, or but the blinds down or up. But no stop. I also cannot directly interact with the “MY” setting using homekit. Therefor I have both integrations running. I use Homekit for daily use, and the overkiz for some special use cases, like defining the “MY” setting for my blinds :wink: instead of using the controll.

About the Internet, you need at least a working WIFI and IP network :wink: otherwise it wont work. So if your router is the WIFI entry point and the Internet provider, if this goes down, you won’t be able to control anything because devices most properly cannot “switch” data or lose their IP addresses.

With a Tahoma Switch, you could at least use the physical buttons with the “scene” option, or just a spare remote :wink: in case of the connectivity kit :smiley:

See Fiche comparative TAHOMA SWITCH vs KIT CONNECTIVITE_A4_1221.indd (somfy.com) for a comparision between the Somfy TaHoma switch and the Somfy Connectivity Kit.

And it mentions something every interesting next to the cloud access. By the way, I am not sure if sensors are supported, but my French isn’t the best. You should be able to read this table better.

Mine is non-existing :smiley:
But at least I understand that security, thermostats and others seem not to be supported :smiley:
The part with local api and cloud - I do not understand :slight_smile: Mine is cloud controlled, so I am not sure if I read this table right.
And placing homekit into the voice assistant section - hmm - very very strange comparison sheet.

If you connect HA via Homekit - YES.

You mean connect via HomeKit protocol or via some Apple service?

My goal is control my blinds without internet. I’m OK with limitations you mentioned in post. I’m also OK to buy Tahoma Switch and use it’s local API but need to know it really works otherwise it’s expensive “brick” for me.

Using the Homekit Integration of HA

I do not own any apple devices :slight_smile: this all is done using HAs HomeKit Controller, which pops up automatically if HA and the device is in the same subnet.

Perfect. It looks really positive. Thanks. Going to order :slight_smile:

As I said, works for me for 2 weeks now.
I even migrated from the Tahoma Switch to the Connectivity Kit without problems :slight_smile: (except the standard somfy weirdness :wink: )
Good luck

Well, just ordered.

1 Like

I’m using the HomeKit integration with Somfy for about 2 months now and I did not have a single outage. Be aware, there is no stop functionality for the covers. You can open and close them, but you can’t stop in between. Workaround is to use the cover.set_cover_position service.
Also, tilt functionality is currently not given.

So Connectivity kit just arrived,

initial setting via android application went fine, it discovered all my blinds, it has appeared into Home Assistant, but is impossible to add it into Home Assistant since failing when I’m trying to enter PIN from box (or from backside label). I’ve tried to enter in format as is on box 2xx1-3xx6-0xx5 as well as in 2xxxxxxxxx5 but Home Assistant still reports “Wrong HomeKit code”.

1 Like

You could try to configure the Overkiz component from core, than look at your gateway and check if you see the same HomeKit code.

This is part of diagnostic data. There is code in format “SETUP-2xx1-3xx6-0xx5” but it wasn’t accepted as well.

{
  "home_assistant": {
    "installation_type": "Home Assistant OS",
    "version": "2022.2.9",
    "dev": false,
    "hassio": true,
    "virtualenv": false,
    "python_version": "3.9.7",
    "docker": true,
    "arch": "aarch64",
    "timezone": "UTC",
    "os_name": "Linux",
    "os_version": "5.10.92-v8",
    "supervisor": "2022.01.1",
    "host_os": "Home Assistant OS 7.4",
    "docker_version": "20.10.9",
    "chassis": "embedded",
    "run_as_root": true
  },
  "custom_components": {},
  "integration_manifest": {
    "domain": "overkiz",
    "name": "Overkiz (by Somfy)",
    "config_flow": true,
    "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/overkiz",
    "requirements": [
      "pyoverkiz==1.3.2"
    ],
    "zeroconf": [
      {
        "type": "_kizbox._tcp.local.",
        "name": "gateway*"
      }
    ],
    "dhcp": [
      {
        "hostname": "gateway*",
        "macaddress": "F8**1A*"
      }
    ],
    "codeowners": [
      "@imicknl",
      "@vlebourl",
      "@tetienne"
    ],
    "iot_class": "cloud_polling",
    "is_built_in": true
  },
  "data": {
    "creationTime": 1646048572000,
    "lastUpdateTime": 1646048572000,
    "id": "SETUP-****-****-0525",
    "location": {
      "creationTime": 1646048572000,
      "lastUpdateTime": 1646048572000,
      "city": "** **",
      "country": "**",
      "postalCode": "** **",
      "addressLine1": "** **",
      "addressLine2": "*",
      "timezone": "Europe/Prague",
      "longitude": "**",
      "latitude": "**",
      "twilightMode": 2,
      "twilightAngle": "CIVIL",
      "twilightCity": "prague",
      "summerSolsticeDuskMinutes": 1290,
      "winterSolsticeDuskMinutes": 990,
      "twilightOffsetEnabled": false,
      "dawnOffset": 0,
      "duskOffset": 0,
      "countryCode": "CZ"
    }

I wasn’t referring to your diagnostic data. Did you check if you have the HomeKit sensor? Pick your gateway from the list and see if it shows a code. In my format it is xxx-xx-xxx.