Somfy Connectivity Kit support for Overkiz and/or HomeKit

Has anyone been able to test if the Connectivity Kit supports local API?

According to the Somfy Developer GitHub, it doesn’t.

Hi guys

Please do not shoot me if I’m wrong, but I’m sure this Somfy Connectivity Kit (or Tahoma mini or Tahoma Basic Plus) has an ESP inside.
Some pictures attached. In AP mode, E8 + 2 = EA.
Tried to open it, no luck yet.
PS. Sorry for reviving the topic, but I thought it’s unapropriate to open a new one only for this info.

I realized this too, but the question is - what are the possibilities with this ESP hardware inside the box?!

Dear Herbert,

I have a sunblind powered by somfy and I want to make it smart with the connectivity kid. I have apple homekit too. But I want to integrate the blind in HA. The homekit-controller I have already installed.

My question is: Do I have to embed the box in homekit first and then to disconnect there by HA will detect the box?

I’m not really sure about the correct procedure.

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Thomas

Hi @ThoMi
I just connected the box via homekit and done. I did not use any other addon - just the homekit one. Therefore nothing was needed to be disconnected.

Hi Herbert,

Many thanks for your answer. I will try as I received the connectivty kit and I will give you a feedback then.

Hi Herbert,

I installed the box, but I don’t know which code I have to enter in HA? Is it on the box itself or on the package. Where I can find it? Sorry for my silly question.

Many thanks in advance.

Thomas

P. S. I just found the code. It works after restart HA.

1 Like

Hi
A question for anyone who uses this with SGS Essentials gate controller. Does using the rts gate remote make any visible change to the HA e.g. sensor status change? Is communication with the gate controller bi-directional?

As far as I know, the RTS protocol (which is not the io homecontrol protocol / overkiz) is not bi-directional.

2 Likes

Hello. I have a Tahoma Connectivity Kit and I setup the Overkiz integration. My RTS blinds have appeared fine and in HA I can control perfectly including the “MY” position. In HomeKit I can control the blinds with open and close. Is there anyway in HomeKit I can get “MY” to work? Eg if I try and set to 1%-99% it just triggers the MY position?

1 Like

Would it be an idea to expose a button or script for the My Button to HomeKit?

Hi guys,

I now have a Connectivity Kit, too. First-time pairing via the TaHome App worked seamlessly, as well as the integration of my somfy-io covers into Home Assistant via overkiz integration.

But i’m failing to integrate locally via HomeKit-Controller integration. I saw the integration popping up in Home Assistant, and entered HomeKit Code from sticker in format XXX-XX-XXX (as already explained in this thread).

But I’m getting errors from the Integration. Either
“Invalid HomeKit code, please check the code and try again.”
or
“An unhandled error occurred while pairing with this device. This may be a temporary error or the or your device is not currently supported: Connection lost before request could be sent”

Is this because the Connectivity Kit is already paired via TaHoma App?
Unfortunately I have no iPhone/iPad available to pair the connectivity kit to HomeKit first and then remove the pairing (as described in the HomeKit-Controller integration docu).

Cheers Marc

with an old tahoma , not too old but you need to call customer support to get this code.

not much support for homekit, only some io. no devices are showing up for me. I have velux io and rts blinds, sunscreens. So it will be Overkiz and hope overkiz will add local api support.

FYI: Support of Connectivity Kit · Issue #12 · Somfy-Developer/Somfy-TaHoma-Developer-Mode · GitHub

(I will ping them with further possibilities, but have no time for it now:()

Dear All

i also want to control my screens and at HA, but wat is the best way ?
I see “connectivity kit” is used here with Overkiz intergration , looks ok. but does is really need that account, or is it temporarily needed…

And how is it integrated ? how to connect to the somfy screens. i have old screens installed at 2006, is that also supported.

Did you ever get more devices in then only the identify button (which is useless)?

I have a somfy tahoma box

The code is on a piece of paper inside the box, which contains the apple homekit info and a qr-code. The code at the qr-code must be filled in. It says for example 6745 and under that 4532. You fill in: 674-54-532

Hi and apologize in advance if my question is already answered, please point me to the correct posting in this case.
I have a Connectivity kit box and 4 rollers based on Somfy Altus RTS motors. I have the rollers discovered and working flawlessly in both Tahoma app and Overkiz integration in HASS. But when I try to configure through HomeKit Controller it does not find the 4 rollers, only 1 device the Connectivity Kit. Same thing is happening if I try to add the bridge directly in Apple HomeKit.

What is wrong here? The 4 rollers are discoverable through the Connectivity Kit otherwise I would not have them in either Tahoma app or Overkiz integration but are not available local. I’m totaly lost, please help.

!