Somfy tahoma not stable,

Good morning all,

This is my first question on the forum so I hope I posted it in the correct category.

To be fair, I have been a Domoticz user for years, but since I miss a number of plugins and HA has these on board as standard, I am now investigating whether HA is a good replacement for me.

I have successfully installed HA on an intel NUC7i5BNK (it took a while but thanks to the forum it worked)

Because I have 3 screens in my house with which everything is controlled, I first keep using Domoticz - dashticz and try to proceed slowly and step by step.

I managed to operate HA via Domoticz through Node-Red.

The first thing I missed in Domoticz was a Somfy Tahoma plugin.

I managed to connect HA to Somfy and also operate it via Node-Red.
This is what the flow looks like:

if      (msg.payload.nvalue == 0)  state = "open_cover"
else if (msg.payload.nvalue == 1)  state = "close_cover"

msg1 = {
		payload: {

"domain": "cover",
			"service": state,
			"data": {
						"entity_id": "cover.zonnescherm_links"
			}
		}
	};

msg2 = {

"entity_id": "cover.zonnescherm_midden"
		}
	}
};

msg3 = {

"entity_id": "cover.zonnescherm_rechts"
		}
	}
};

return  [ [msg1], [msg2], [msg3] ]; 

The problem I run into is that Somfy is not always stable in HA.

The 3 screens are placed together but do not run smoothly in sync.
Sometimes it seems that a screen is randomly not being commanded to open or close.

I created the Somfy API an app and added the API key and secret to my config.yam.

Is there something wrong? or something in Node-Red that causes this situation?

Hi Gerard,

I have no clue about Node-RED, but do you see anything in your logs related to Somfy? You could give https://github.com/imicknl/ha-tahoma a try as well. This integration uses the tahomalink.com server which could be more reliable…

See Tahoma Integration Refactored - Share your Projects! / Custom Components - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)
and
Somfy Tahoma Official API - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

@tetienne any idea?