Sonarr Sensor

I wrote a sensor, and have a PR in for it, I implemented the endpoints that were a general return of data, vs the searching endpoints. Let me know what you think, I’m hoping this gets merged in!

Currently it can do:

• Number of series
  • Number of upcoming episodes (with a configurable amount of days to look forward)
  • Number of shows in queue (its called activity in the sonarr web ui)
  • Number of active commands
  • Number of shows in the Wanted section
  • Available disk space
1 Like

Hey it’s awesome this got in, thank you for your work on this! :slight_smile:
I have one suggestion: I find that the best metric to know the health of my sonarr setup is, number of successful wanted items filled in the past 24/48/72 hours. I’m not sure if this information is available, and maybe I need to make this request to sonarr itself first, but, I’d be overjoyed if you’d consider it.

thanks, and great work :slight_smile:

@bluenote73

Glad you found the sensor useful! I was happy to get it merged in.

As for your request… I looked into it, and this might need some work on the Sonarr side of things. There is a history endpoint I can pull data from, and see what has downloaded, and that’s easy enough to sort by date and just look back as far as configured, but there doesn’t appear to be any indicator as to what triggered the download. So if a user triggers an automatic search for an episode not monitored, it can still find it, and download it and it would show up in this history component. That being said, if you would find it useful to see the number of episodes downloaded within X days/hours, that would be a pretty quick addition and I can work on that to get it in the next release.

Episodes succesfully downloaded in X time would be fantastic. That’s all I need to quickly know that things are not going disastrously wrong. thanks for this!

Hey,
is it possible to do the same for Radarr (sonarr for movies), it’s almost identical I think
Lidarr (sonarr for music) is still in development, but when it’s done it would also be appreciated

also if it would be possible to get the names of the episodes/movies that would be amazing, I see them listed as attributes.

1 Like
1 Like

Is there a way, we can see the downloaded shows in the past x days ?

1 Like

im using sonarr on synology nas but i cant get the sensor working.
Nothing shows up in log. This should be right ?

- platform: sonarr
    api_key: xxxxxx
    host: 192.168.1.135
    port: 8989
    monitored_condition:
      - series

tried resetting api key without sucess… ip and port is 100% right

Bumping this. Any chance anyone found a solution to this?

Works fine on mine and never stoped working

- platform: sonarr
      api_key: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      host: 192.168.86.38
      port: 8989
      monitored_conditions:
        - upcoming
        - wanted
        - queue     
      days: 1

I was referring to the question above “Is there a way, we can see the downloaded shows in the past x days ?”

Has anyone found a solution to that?

I don’t know if this will help but I achieved something close to that with node-red and MQTT . Basically when sonarr or raddarr download something, Webhook POST’s json payload to my Node-Red server URL where Node-red then posts to my MQTT server, then Home Assistant MQTT sensor picks it up and then sends to tts then Chromecast Audio. and I get " Good morning , TV show Game of Thrones has just been downloaded ",
and in my MQTT sensor History it shows when and what sonarr/radarr downloaded.

Anyone know how to monitored conditions all is coming up is upcoming. I running HA 112. Have not got anything in my config as It’s looks like the old way. I have done it in the UI

![Screenshot_20200709-110513_Home Assistant|236x500]

they are disabled - you need to go into the device and enable them

Thanks man Lol worked it out. Funny I using your theam add-on. One thing not work is the sonarr version I’m running… love to chat on discord Monday with you. Work mm most of your code Sab is giving me troubles

I don’t see Sonarr Version as an option for the device

Pre UI configuration it was a sensor option, now its recorded against the device. I havent had a chance to remove it from my lovelace config yet

I don’t understand… When it moved to GUI config all the sensors (except one) were exactly the same. One of them was renamed but so far as I can see all the data is identical…

it was the default state for sensor.sonarr_status