SonOff component

I am not a big fan of soldering, flashing firmware and so on. The SonOff company has nice switches wall plugs and so on, it would be cool to have a native component in HASS

any updates?

I’m also interested to.

I use some of them and just use mqtt.

Without flashing firmware?

I prefer not also because Sonoff app is well done, prefer not to lose its functionality

I always flash these IOT devices. I bought a couple, plugged them in and watched as they streamed all kinds of data directly to China. With botnets so prevalent I’d prefer to not have an open device controlled by some random Chinese company. I can see why you wouldn’t want to though, I happen to have the stuff needed to do it but you can buy them preflashed too. You do lose their app but if you find yourself using the app I’d argue you’re not “Home Automating” correctly. :wink:

1 Like

@anon35356645 Take a look at this

where do you?

1 Like

have you seen the app?

It has lots of functionality which are very difficult to implement and in a nice UI in HASS:

• timers
  • schedules
  • graph of power consumption

are all excellent in the app (and a pain to program in HASS)

1 Like

I wish I could make use of those instructions. A bit too complicated for me

1 Like

Where can I buy preflashed sonoffs?

I used to see them on ebay but I don’t, maybe they didn’t sell well? It’s really not hard though, I’ve flashed a dozen and if you’re comfortable messing with HA it’s not a big leap to flash the sonoffs.

Maybe if there is interested I could flash a bunch and sell them

I’ll just leave this here

As you can see, there’s interest. :slight_smile:
I have two unused SONOFF that I am willing to experiment on, but I suppose if you put them on the market…

Interested the POW model, I can buy 5

Just posted a proposal for an integration without firmware changes here:

2 Likes

I know this is an older thread, but two things came to mind while researching this:

• Would it be possible to retrieve the status of the Sonoff from the Alexa Cloud? We can get Home Assistant device into Alexa, but would it be possible to do the reverse?
  • Sonoff works uses a webserver right? It is possible to run your own server and tell the sonoff to use it, without flashing the unit, as explained here. That should be possible to be done inside an Home Assistant component right? Similar to the hue_bridge and homekit?

Btw Zigbee2Mqtt is working great with sonoff Zigbee2MQTT without any soldering or flashing.