Sonoff Error since update

Hi there

Since an update - I don’t exactly know which version - I’m getting these errors in my MQTT broker:

541482376: New connection from 192.168.178.144 on port 1883. [ERROR] Auth error with DVES_USER 1541482380: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting. 1541482380: New connection from 192.168.178.164 on port 1883. [ERROR] Auth error with DVES_USER 1541482385: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting. 1541482391: New connection from 192.168.178.144 on port 1883. [ERROR] Auth error with DVES_USER

My configuration:

mqtt:
  broker: 192.168.178.82
  discovery: true
  discovery_prefix: homeassistant

[code]switch:

• platform: mqtt
    name: “Ikea lamp woonkamer”
    command_topic: “cmnd/sonoff/power”
    state_topic: “stat/sonoff/POWER”
    qos: 1
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    retain: true
  • platform: mqtt
    name: “Ikea lamp keuken”
    command_topic: “cmnd/sonoff_2/power”
    state_topic: “stat/sonoff_2/POWER”
    qos: 1
    payload_on: “ON”
    payload_off: “OFF”
    retain: true
    [/code]

Does anyone see what’s wrong?

Not an expert at all… but why do you have discovery enabled and a discovery prefix if you are manually configuring the switches?
Also, looks like you have a DVES_USER - that’s a default user right? do you have a password set? Are you using hass.io? Did you set a local username and password in the broker? I deleted the mqtt section from my config yaml as the new add-on and mqtt integration doesn’t require it. (I didn’t enable mqtt discovery in the integration)
The new add-on version 3 seems to have caused some people some grief

There is a new way to setup the mqtt host / login and password etc

It’s under home assistant (left hand menu) -> configuration -> integrations -> mqtt

Looks like the login / password under tasmota -> mqtt, doesn’t match the mqtt setup under configration -> integrations -> mqtt

1 Like

Can someone tell me how to get this working again please? Why do we keep getting these breaking changes all the time, then I need to spend hours trying to fix it. I’ll have to turn off the auto updates, it’s infuriating!

I previously had this config in my configuration.yaml file:

mqtt:
  broker: 172.17.0.1
  username: username
  password: password

If I enter this information in to configuration - integrations - MQTT it just tells me host can’t be found!

Allright. fixed…

1: I’ve commented my mqtt and switch part in configuration.yaml file
2: I’ve entered a username and password in the mqtt broker
3: restarted hass.io and setup the mqtt integration

works fine now. Thanks guys