Sonoff /eWeLink component for original firmware

is the custom component compatible with the mini sonoff?

@Dean_Olivier sorry but i have no idea what’s going wrong on your side

@matteos1 no one reported it as working but there’s a high possibility it should.

Received a mini today.

Edited from connection issues. Note to self, use android app and not iphone app. Iphone wouldn’t quick pair and errored with compatible pair. Android quick paired first time.

Sonoff Mini appears in Home Assistant fine, so please add to the list.

I’m looking for the sonoff mini component among my home assistant devices, but I can’t find it.
I paed with iphone. I don’t think this is the problem because the application detects it

Strange, mine appeared straight away after a restart. It even showed but as unavailable when I was having connection issues with the app. As soon as I solved the app issues I was then able to control it in HA.

I’ve disconnected again now ready to wire it where I intend to place it, but let me know if there’s any checks I can help with.

The QR code also leads to the tuya app.

I can only see a sonoff, the mini does not appear on ha

from what i’ve seen the new sonoffs might have this lan-mode enabled by default. i don’t have one so i don’t know what steps to do exactly but try to disable anything related to this and more importantly open the eWeLink app on the phone using strictly the mobile connection data and not the wifi.
if you still have the same output (works on app but not on HA) you’ll need to search & provide more details otherwise i don’t know what is going wrong … (would not hurt if you could provide the output of sonoff-debug.py script to take a look at what’s going around there)

ok now it works, i shared the sonoff on ha’s ewelink account. perfect

Do you think that you can have the consumption day / week / year.

Hi guys! @peterbuga

What I did:

1. added files __init__.py, sensor.py and switch.py to folder \custom_components\sonoff
  2. added to configuration.yaml :
sonoff:
  username: [mymail]
  password: [mypassword]
  scan_interval: 60 
  grace_period: 600
  api_region: 'eu' 
  entity_prefix: True 
  debug: False
  1. Restarted hassio
  2. Literally nothing happens

Nothing on dashboard, nothing in services, no sign that I changed any config. Did I missed something?

Home Assistant
Hassio installed on docker on Raspbian

I’m trying to add my sonoff touch T1 EU

1 Like

have you searched for “sonoff” in Developer Tools > States? if it shows there you have to add (manually maybe?) the entity in your dashboard. check logs, at least you should have some errors or something

i sincerely would not know how to represent them in HA, any ideas? (don’t forget that HA creates its own history based on changing input values of an entity)

As others say, the POW R2 behave weird. I have POW and POW R2, the POW work fine, showing power consumption OK, but the POW R2 and TH16 are stuck for a few hours shoving the same info, and I think it refreshes only when I open ewelink app.

What I noticed, is that the problem is not probably caused by addon because when I open ewelink and check my POW R2 or TH16 they both show the same info as in HA, then it changes to the real state.
For example, I turned my heater on, both HA and ewelink showing 3000W than I unplugged it, and both HA and ewlink are still showing 3000W even the heater was unplugged for about an hour and few seconds later it shows real state.
When I let the app opened on my phone than it starts work as it should :confused: weird.

"Component error: sonoff - Integration sonoff not found " - This is what I see in logs.

I added sonoff folder and files into it at:

My config:

from screenshots it looks good, but unfortunately i don’t know why is not picking it up :roll_eyes:
personally i’m using HA only as virtualenv instalation (+ to develop this component) i never touched hassio, maybe someone with a little more experience regarding this can give you some help

Thanks for trying! Anyway I gave up and flashed them with tasmota finally :smiley:

I have the same problem as @Yonguelle, but in HA 0.98.5. I tested it last week in Hassio 0.97.1 and worked perfect.

Yup, same thing happening to me too. I am fairly new to Home Assistant and don’t know how to fix it myself.

Hi how do I install this in Hass.io? Sorry for the noob question but just not sure how to install it! Thanks :slight_smile:

Edit:Figured it out.

Needed to create a folder in config/ called custom_components and then put the sonoff folder inside there with the python scripts inside.