Sonoff /eWeLink component for original firmware

I was still using April version.
After updating to 0.100.1 it stopped working.
I updated using last version, rebooted and everything is back online.

@peterbuga iFan02 here. The -ifan branch appears to work properly, so far. Please let me know if there’s anything specific you’d like checked.

1 Like

@peterbuga One thought: Would it be possible to expose the light (_1) of the iFan as a light entity instead of as a switch?

Perfect even with the latest version of Home Assistant 0.100.1 fw sonoff basic 3.3.0 and sonoff 4ch pro fw 3.3.0, and sonoff th10 fw 3.3.0 Great Work @peterbuga!!!

I’ve just installed this on HA 0.100.1 and it works perfectly with my S20 (3.3.0 firmware). Thanks!

I have HA in rp3+ and the sonoff componet is working fine. Thanks!
However I just install HA in another machine with ubuntu. after the recover everything is working accept the sonoff devices. What should I do to make it work in ububtu?

FYI sonoff mini works with this component. :slight_smile:

cool :+1: can you please mention the firmware used so i can add it to the compatibility list?

Sure. :slight_smile:
Sonoff V 3.11.1
Mini 3.3.0

In the last days Sonoff integration is not working well.
I had HA 0.94.1, I’ve then update it to 0.100.2 and update the Sonoff component to the latest version, but the problem is not yet solved.
The problem is that the server is very slow and unresponsive when I enable sonoff component. It’s very slow both at boot and after the boot.
If I disable sonoff component HA is very fast and everything works (except Sonoff of course).
I’m using HA on a Qnap Docker since more than one year.
What could be? Thank you

1 Like

First of all, great work!

Does anybody has any issues with this integration right now? Last few hours it crashes pretty often for me.

HA v0.100.2

same here, often not working

Same here seems that there is an issue out of the blue :

2019-10-21 18:06:29 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component sonoff
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 167, in _async_setup_component
hass, processed_config
File “/config/custom_components/sonoff/init.py”, line 53, in async_setup
hass.data[DOMAIN] = Sonoff(hass, config)
File “/config/custom_components/sonoff/init.py”, line 100, in init
self.do_login()
File “/config/custom_components/sonoff/init.py”, line 178, in do_login
resp = r.json()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 897, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.text, **kwargs)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/init.py”, line 518, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 370, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simplejson/decoder.py”, line 400, in raw_decode
return self.scan_once(s, idx=_w(s, idx).end())
simplejson.errors.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 1 column 1 (char 0)

HA v0.100.2

Couldn’t be the cause the eWeLink’s server itself? (and the integration isn’t able to handle that) Because i’ve tried the eWelink app and it behavied funny as well.

Same issues here!
I have 2 Sd card, one with 0.91.2 and one with the last 0.100.2 and none of them working properly. The system freeze after a while and I have to reboot. Sometimes the sonoff are unavailable. If I disable the component all work fine again.
Seems an eWeLink problem, if you try to disconnect and reconnect to the app it is very difficult to login. Probably the intergation has same problem.

1 Like

Same behaviour on mine installation.

the component IS the application: app problems => component problems

(for what is worth i’m not experiencing connection problems in europe)

1 Like

here working fine again!
thanks

I’m in Europe as well and i had the problems. It was killing even my whole HA.

Hi
I buy a sonoff rf bridge and unfortunately, I immediately upgrade the firmware to the latest one 3.3 but then I notice that you are not yet supporting this version with the sonoff component. Can you please update when you will support this version during the next month ? :slight_smile: :pray:
Regards
David