Sonoff GK-200MP2-B IP Camera

hello all,

I have a Sonoff GK-200MP2-B and I have trouble to access the rtsp stream… did some digging in log and tied to connect the stream with VLC and got the following error:

Connection failed: VLC could not connect to "192.168.1.107:554". 
Your input can't be opened: VLC is unable to open the MRL
'rtsp://xxxxxx:[email protected]:554/av_stream/ch0'. Check the log for details.

I have another camera (same model) and it work fine… is there a way to hard reset the firmware? I have tried with the reset button, but nothing has changed…

BTW, the camera works fine in SOnoff eWeLink app…

any suggestion? thank you!

Hi @FiNaR - so glad you posted this problem. Thought i was going nuts.

I have 3 of these cams and im now 99% positive its firmware related. Reason is cams have been stable on RTSP feeds in HASS for years…… recently i opened eWeLink app…. Noticed there was a firmware upgrade…… applied it to 1 cam…. RTSP now broken in HASS for that 1 cam (and yup, same as you still ok inside the eWe app).

I keep checking for firmware updates as surely someone else has reported this to sonoff as a bug, but none as yet…. i might have to try that YiHack thing soon just to get my damn RTSP working again!

Oh also, infra red night vision doesnt work for me on the latest! Same for you?

Heres the latest (which breaks RTSP and IR)

Vs an older one (which all still works)

Beware anyone using stock eWe firmware considering an update!

just confirming (for anyone interested) that indeed the sonoff-hack firmware insertion fixes the problem above. Its super easy 10 mins really, so shouldn’t spook anyone. eWeLink app still works BTW, its just opens up more config options, and visibility… and ohh, critically restores RTSP to a working state (confirmed in both VLC, and HASS) for anyone making that fatal mistake of upgrading to offical v41220220712!!

interestingly, Inside of the hack http:// admin console, I can see the base version of the hack is derived from the latest offical code, but hey-ho, im working anyhow. Very grateful for these people that spend time on projects like this making OEM stuff better. Thank you devs!

going to purchase 2x more MicroSD cards now for my other 2x cams - as this admin UI is by far superior

Hi sonoff cam owners.

Im a newbie to MQTT but want to use it to pump a motion detect image into my notify automation action (telegram).

I can see that cam, running roleoroleo’s hack, automatically embeds the image at the time of motion on the MQTT bus…… and my broker see that image publish (in hex anyway)…. but what does my action need to look like to pull that image off the bus, so i can send it in my telegram message. ?

More info here:

Thanks!

Hi all

So I was having the same problem as mentioned above regarding the cameras not working after the firmware upgrade. Reconnecting… … … constantly, within Home Assistant. eWelink app worked as normal.

To top it off, my TP-Link Deco M4 mesh system decided to reset itself after a few power failures.

So, I had to recreate the Mesh system, and just couldn’t see my cameras on my network at all.
They connect to my Guest network broadcasting a 2.4Ghz signal.

Then after some tinkering within my TP-Link Deco App, I found a setting (where the cameras connect to my 2.4Ghz, broadcast off my Guest network - where I initially connected the cameras to) that said:

Allow Local Access (with on off toggle)
When enabled, your guests will be authorized to access your local network resources, for example, your files and other information stored on computers.

I had this turned off. As I turned it on… voila, working.

But that had me thinking… My Deco M4’s can broadcast 5Ghz and 2.4ghz at the same time, if set that way. Not just within the Guest SSID.
So I turned that on.
Went into the eWelink App
WiFi settings
Changed the WiFi to point to my normal SSID of my Deco M4’s
It rebooted and still working.

Therefore, I didn’t need to perform the Micro-SD card fix explained above.
Just had to make sure that my SSID that my cameras connect to aren’t restricted in any way in communicating to my network.

In closing, check your router that broadcasts your 2.4Ghz SSID, that your cameras connect to, has “similar” access as to what I explained above.

This is my fix. So thought I would share it. Might work for you but no guarantee.
I tried a few different scenarios and checks to make sure this wasn’t just flook before typing this.

Hopefully this helps. Merry Christmas and Great New Year to all!

1 Like

In VLC type:
rtsp://rtsp:[email protected]/av_stream/ch0

You were missing the underlined part

1 Like

hello everybody… back again…

I have a couple of GK-200MP2P and I cannot make them work in Home Assistant…

I can easily see the stream in Sonoff native app, but noting in home assistant…

I have tried both Config.yaml and setting up a camera as well as the Generic Camera Integration…

anybody can guide me step by step, please?

1 Like

In ewelink app rtsp enable?

Same problem as you!

For me rtsp is enable!

Try rtsp://rtsp:your_pasword@your_camera_ip:554/av_stream/ch0

1 Like