SONOFF Human Presence sensor is Coming!

I renamed the sensor and it began to show online (strange behavior)
Hasn’t changed in quite a long time now. Odd thing is that when I plugged it in and tested it in my office, it was showing clear and occupied. Now that I’ve moved it, it never changes. I removed it and re-paired it when I brought it to where it was going to be used.

Another thing that I do for those situations is to disable my automations for light timeouts in those rooms when the door is closed

There is a WASP sensor available in HACS for that use.

I tested this device in my room and found that it can still be triggered when a person stands behind the sensor, possibly due to microwave reflections. Additionally, according to the official description, it can penetrate most non-metallic materials, suggesting that outdoor moving objects may also trigger the sensor. However, I did not observe it. As soon as I leave the room, the light automatically turns off after a while.

If I read the FCC report correctly, the radar operates at 5.795 GHz so it will go through most materials but not super far away (roughly the higher the frequency the more subject it is to attenuation from materials). Below are some pictures of the internals for those who, like me, are curious to see inside.

I’ve had this sensor running for a day or so and noticed that it is very good at detecting occupancy in the room even pointing the sensor away but sitting right behind it likely due to reflections as reported in another post. In ZHA I see Motion and Occupancy however motion is stuck on “Detected” and Occupancy reflects my presence as it was intended to. I am guessing the “Motion” sensor should not be there and should be disabled but I wanted to confirm. I can envision this sensor reporting fast motion detections and applying timeouts to the Occupancy sensor so that both states can be used… but so far only occupancy is working.

Thoughts? In its native app does it behave like that?

@TimRudd Thanks for pointing me to those settings. Did you notice there is a threshold setting set at 2 as well? Did you test it? I am guessing it has to do with sensitivity but before I start messing with it, it would be useful to know whether the native app has a sensitivity setting, and what its default value is. I am guessing it will be low, mid, high and that 2 is either mid or high depending whether the range is 0-2 or 1-3 (that is why default would help since default = 2).

Overall the sensor is very basic, cheap, looks ok, and the stand is a nice touch. The USB cable seems out of proportion though… could be thinner, smaller plug, etc. but that is easy to fix.

1 Like

If the default is 2 and it’s too sensitive, maybe try 1? It shouldn’t matter what the default is called in the app since you know the default is 2, as long as it’s not inverted for some reason (i.e. as long as lower numbers aren’t more sensitive). Just decrement until it works :slightly_smiling_face: You could also try zha toolkit, maybe it would give clearer options (but I just installed it and have yet to actually use it).

I just got mine and put it in the same room as an Aqara FP1 (60 GHz, very sensitive to any motion in the room even from fans blowing plants but never outside the room). It seems to be usable but not perfect (false positive for a few minutes after leaving the room) in this room; we’ll see how it does in others.

@aaaaa I have not put the sensor to any use so I have no opinion on the default sensitivity yet. Just trying to gather info so we all know the options. Hopefully someone will add those settings to the UI at some point.

1 Like

Having same issue with mine.
Both motion and occupancy always stay detected
Ideas?
Using with normal zigbee integration

I set mine up yesterday and it works in my kitchen. The occupancy works and the motion is constantly on detected. I changed the delay to 30 seconds which works fine. I also changed the threshold to 1 because it was a bit too sensitive. I therefore think that a lower value means a lower sensitivity. But unfortunately I also have some false triggers from outside the room.

Shouldn’t there be a brightness sensor inside? I thought that’s what was advertised. I hope it comes to ZHA as well.

1 Like

Got three of these a couple days ago and just started messing with them. One, after many…many resets, shows motion as clear all the time, but the occupancy seems to work. The second one is stuck on detected for both and I’ve reset and readded it at least a dozen times. I haven’t dared open the 3rd one yet.

I got occupancy to work but I have not had time to review what I did exactly. If you look at the clusters where parameters can be changed, I found where you can force occupancy from 1 to 0, and I believe after doing that it started working. Occupancy stays on for 10 minutes after motion is detected. Need to do more testing and compare to the one I did not touch.

@TimRudd Can you provide details on how you found this?
Thanks!

How I found the parameters? I was digging around under the manage my zigbee device menu.

1 Like

Just spotted this:

4 Likes

I followed the instructions to update firmware from 1.0.3 to 1.0.5. Will report back if I notice any changes. I’ll also try experimenting with the shorter occupied to unoccupied intervals.

Forcing occupancy to 0 worked for me too, mostly, I have had to restart a couple times. Updating to 1.0.5 to see if it’s better…realistically, it can’t be worse lol

2 Likes

Updated to 1.0.5.

initial impressions:
-15 second cooldown works great
-occupancy seems to update faster, closer to instant than the delay I was experiencing before
-motion is stuck on clear

2 Likes

Got my SNZB-06P to work by

1. Updating firmware to 1.0.5
  2. Manually changing occupancy to 0 from 1
  3. Restarting HA
  4. Reconfiguration of the zigbee device in HA using the “RECONFIGURE” button

Thanks for this thread. I have one of these currently on ZHA with firmware 1.0.5 and it seems ok. It was a bit buggy with 1.0.3, and I saw as many have said occupancy either constantly clear or occupied. Firmware update and change of sensitivity / timeout seems to have resolved.
Has anyone seen any sign of the “light sensing” component of this working with HA yet?