"Sonoff iHost" (smart home hub/computer) from ITead - Can it be hacked to run Home Assistant OS with Bluetooth, Thread/Matter, and ZHA integrations?

You contributed a lot to ihost users. I tried activating maskrom and installing HA as was done on Raspberry… but as you know, without success. when I was already thinking about throwing my ihost in the trash I saw your work and tested it (patiently) and it was perfect! Now I’m going to add other firmware like ZigBee and others…

Here is a library for the yc1175. This will form the basis of upcoming custom integration for Home Assistant, but in the meanwhile you can use this from within the Advanced SSH addon.

pip install yc1175-indicator
# main rgb indicator, blue flashing
indicator-cli 4 --effect 2 --rgb 0 0 255

3 Likes

I’m ready to try your project,
is there a way to restore ihost back to its original working
i also wonder where , is the installation of the home assistant on the built-in 8gb emmc memory or on the sd card?

Hey! First you have to use the SD card to install the installation facilitator on the MMC. Then you use the SD card to install the definitive home assistant.

how does it work??

currently no, once you wipe eMMC its gone. If you want to keep original ihost software. Short the maskRom pins permanently and then run HAOS off the sd card. That way you can later remove the short to get back old ihost OS.

I know you all been waiting for this, so here is the first release of custom indicator integration!

5 Likes

thanks for your work, i just offered some support in coffies :smiley:

I am helping with the documentation, look here: HAOS on Sonoff iHost · darkxst/ha-operating-system Wiki · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks @mrshark ! :grinning:

1 Like

Perfect, I tested the indicator integration and it worked well. Anxious to have control over the intensity… The light was very strong.

You can try test this branch for brightness

EDIT: Ive made a new release 0.2.0

• Implement brightness for indicator
  • Add config settings for indicator startup state
  • Allow reconfigure installed integration
  • Fix Zigbee2MQTT Pairing

I tested it now and it works well. At 1% it was great for not giving so much glare in a dark room.

1 Like

I have a problem with the installation.

1. soldered maskROM;
  2. download “haos_ihost-11.1.img.xz”;
  3. I install “haos_ihost-11.1.img.xz” using “balenaEtcher” on SD;
  4. I insert the “SD” into “Ihost” and turn on the device;
  5. The “red LED” bar moves;
  6. My router doesn’t see it, “http://homeassistant.local:8123/” doesn’t connect;
  7. I wait 15 minutes;
  8. My router doesn’t see it, “http://homeassistant.local:8123/” doesn’t connect;
1 Like

Connect it with USB cable to your computer and open a serial terminal to see whats happening

it does not work

maskROM activated
usb cable connected to ihost’s usb “C”.
resource management see com4 “Silicon Lab CP210X USB TO UART BRIDGE”
I open “putty” Com4 telnet serial
“Unable to open connection to com4 :error 2”

Maybe try if can flash Zigbee Coordinator firmware via the ZigStar Silabs Flasher add-on?

This is not your ihost, probably a USB dongle?! Not sure what the ihost shows up as on windows, but its not that!

Did you solder maskRom to two round pins or to the footer. I’m asking because I want to know what is the easiest way.

There is a picture in the Wiki

This is the best method if you want to keep the stock OS intact.