Sonoff intergration stopped working after hass.io upgrade

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f739a47c088> #<Tag:0x00007f739a483f68> #<Tag:0x00007f739a483e78>

Hello, on an update last week, all my sonoff switches started showing up as :Entity not available. Switch.sonoff.*********

In the log, I now get Setup failed for sonoff: Requirements for sonoff not found: [‘uuid’].

For sonoff install, i used https://github.com/peterbuga/HASS-sonoff-ewelink
and has been working flawlessly, for 3 months and have not altered the config since it has been running.

I am currently running:
Home Assistant 0.115.0b8
System Health

arch armv7l
chassis embedded
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.11
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.13
installation_type Home Assistant OS
os_name Linux
os_version 4.19.127-v7
python_version 3.8.4
supervisor 243
3 Likes

I have just noticed a another error just before this one, that maybe related.

Unable to install package uuid: ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51)) (from versions: 1.30) ERROR: No matching distribution found for uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51)) WARNING: You are using pip version 20.2.2; however, version 20.2.3 is available. You should consider upgrading via the ‘/usr/local/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

Same problem here. Just installed the 0.115 version. And all my sonoff switches died (not recognized). I was avoiding the flashing to Tasmota, but is it the one way ticket now? Can I enable the integration somehow again?

1 Like

Same problem here.
Anybody any ideas??

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading

[homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package uuid: ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51)) (from versions: 1.30)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51))
2020-09-17 22:48:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for sonoff: Requirements for sonoff not found: [‘uuid’].
2020-09-17 22:48:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] The openweathermap platform for the sensor integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m a newbie. But think it’s an add on fault. I removed the peterbuga version and installed https://github.com/AlexxIT/SonoffLAN it is a little more indepth, but seams to work great

3 Likes

Works great for me, thanks for the tip !
Just to add the HACS source after removing peterbuga version, and after a rebot, all my sonoff device are recognised without any change, like all the template create from them.
It’s plug and play ! The configuration from peterbuga version work here to.

There is more option than peterbuga version (you can save a switch like a light for example, without template), and it’s fully support in HACS (juste to add a custom source).

1 Like

It works for me, thank you. I just needed to replace the sonoff folder within custom components.

Its greatt!!! it works for me, thank you.