Sonoff intergration stopped working after hass.io upgrade

Hello, on an update last week, all my sonoff switches started showing up as :Entity not available. Switch.sonoff.*********

In the log, I now get Setup failed for sonoff: Requirements for sonoff not found: [‘uuid’].

For sonoff install, i used https://github.com/peterbuga/HASS-sonoff-ewelink
and has been working flawlessly, for 3 months and have not altered the config since it has been running.

I am currently running:
Home Assistant 0.115.0b8
System Health

arch armv7l
chassis embedded
dev false
docker true
docker_version 19.03.11
hassio true
host_os HassOS 4.13
installation_type Home Assistant OS
os_name Linux
os_version 4.19.127-v7
python_version 3.8.4
supervisor 243
3 Likes

I have just noticed a another error just before this one, that maybe related.

Unable to install package uuid: ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51)) (from versions: 1.30) ERROR: No matching distribution found for uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51)) WARNING: You are using pip version 20.2.2; however, version 20.2.3 is available. You should consider upgrading via the ‘/usr/local/bin/python3 -m pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

Same problem here. Just installed the 0.115 version. And all my sonoff switches died (not recognized). I was avoiding the flashing to Tasmota, but is it the one way ticket now? Can I enable the integration somehow again?

1 Like

Same problem here.
Anybody any ideas??

1 Like

I have exactly the same issue after upgrading

[homeassistant.util.package] Unable to install package uuid: ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51)) (from versions: 1.30)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for uuid==1000000000.0.0 (from -c /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/package_constraints.txt (line 51))
2020-09-17 22:48:36 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for sonoff: Requirements for sonoff not found: [‘uuid’].
2020-09-17 22:48:38 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] The openweathermap platform for the sensor integration does not support platform setup. Please remove it from your config.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m a newbie. But think it’s an add on fault. I removed the peterbuga version and installed https://github.com/AlexxIT/SonoffLAN it is a little more indepth, but seams to work great

4 Likes

Works great for me, thanks for the tip !
Just to add the HACS source after removing peterbuga version, and after a rebot, all my sonoff device are recognised without any change, like all the template create from them.
It’s plug and play ! The configuration from peterbuga version work here to.

There is more option than peterbuga version (you can save a switch like a light for example, without template), and it’s fully support in HACS (juste to add a custom source).

1 Like

It works for me, thank you. I just needed to replace the sonoff folder within custom components.

Its greatt!!! it works for me, thank you.

Another solution here:

1 Like

Hey man, thank you very much. Unfortunately peterburg has stopped working and your tip solves this problem!!!

Same problem here with the december 2020 image in Virtualbox and on my Odroid XU4.
It is frightening that developpers are so reluctant on keeping things that work perfectly in good working state.
I gave HA a try in july, and everything I tried worked out of the box, in a Virtualbox image on my laptop.
So now that I have some free time, I decided to make a permanent install and bought an Odroid, only to see that almost nothing works anymore :cry:

Thanks for the tip on this other integration, it works just fine.
https://github.com/AlexxIT/SonoffLAN

Thanks for the input, I’m new to Home assistant can you detail (really detail) the steps needed to fix the problem. Like where to put the hex with all the format.
Thanks