Sonoff (itead) ifan02 fan control - adjust fan speed for each setting

I have the ifan02 integrated with HA using Tasmota. Everything works well, but the low speed on the ifan02 is sloooowwww. Like maybe 30 revolutions per minute. Does anyone know of a way to adjust the speed for each setting? Presumably, a voltage output adjustment would change it, right?

Also, I know it’s not an issue with the pull cord on the fan being on a different setting. We don’t have a pull cord on this fan and I took out a different remote control device, and the low setting was at least 3 times faster right before I took it out. Also, the medium and high settings seem like appropriate speeds.

I’ve heard that this is a problem for some fans in the US. there is a big support thread on the tasmota site for the Ifan that has info on how others have dealt with it.

https://github.com/arendst/Sonoff-Tasmota/issues/2839

Like I said it’s a LONG thread but the discussion about the fan speeds are probably around 2/3 or the way thru.

Basically, you need to replace the capacitors in the iFan controller with caps of similar values to the ones in the old controller. So yes, you need to change the voltage to the fan and in effect that is what you are doing by changing the caps. There isn’t any other way to do it as far as I know of.

1 Like

@bphillips921 If you don’t use your light output from the ifan02 you could run that into your original fan capacitor as you were happy with the low speed from that. Run cable from light cable of ifan02 into the larger value side of the capacitor normally 3 speed fan caps use a 6uF and 3 uF for low and medium speeds respectively.

You would then need to create a mqtt switch for the light think they use “POWER1” then if you use yaml for automations you would need to run a script to turn off other fan settings whenever light is switched to on and turn off “light” aka our new low speed setting whenever med or high is selected. You would also need to adjust your fan templates to reflect your new changes so states would reflect in your UI etc.

If you use Node-RED this would be a piece of piss to automate :).