Sonoff IW100 eWelink / Tasmota / ESPHome

I received the following Sonoff IW100 plug for Christmas. Loving Sonoff products I went to flash ESP home and find no documentation on doing this. Is this because of the 8285 chip? I see three options and perhaps I’m making this more difficult than needed but would prefer ESPHome if possible.

Option 1) Use the eWeLink App and add the integration to home assistant. I don’t prefer to do this because it requires making an account with eWeLink.

Option 2) Tasmota. The following article seems to prove it is possible using Tasmota however I dont understand the following line.

template: ‘{“NAME”:“Sonoff IW100”,“GPIO”:[17,145,0,146,0,0,0,0,21,157,0,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:41}’

Not having used Tasmota before are these commands that would be put in to address the relay and power monitoring?

https://github.com/blakadder/templates/blob/b37c276772e0a9248a88016a429154942d0ca426/_templates/sonoff_IW100

Option 3) Use ESPHome.

Would the following pin mapping functions work on the Sonoff IW100?

Sonoff Touch

Pin Function
GPIO0 Button (inverted)
GPIO12 Relay and Red LED
GPIO13 Blue LED (inverted)
GPIO1 UART TX pin (for external sensors)
GPIO3 UART RX pin (for external sensors)

If this board gets flashed are these the correct pins to use? Do I risk bricking anything if they are wrong?

The Faceplate of the Sonoff IW100 also has a 6 pin header for the status lights and touch button.

Appreciate the input. Thank you!.

• ESPHome
  • Tasmota
  • eWeLink

0 voters

Were you able to flash your IW100?

I have a IW100 and a IW101. I tried flashing with tasmotizer-1.2 and esphome-flasher but I’m getting errors.

It look like the communication is working because esphome-flasher is able to detect the chip and MAC address.

Using 'COM4' as serial port.
Connecting....
Detecting chip type... ESP8266
Connecting...

Chip Info:
 - Chip Family: ESP8266
 - Chip Model: ESP8285
 - Chip ID: xxxxxxxx
 - MAC Address: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
Uploading stub...
Running stub...
Stub running...
Changing baud rate to 460800
Changed.
Unexpected error: Reading chip details failed: Timed out waiting for packet header