SONOFF Micro - 5V Wireless USB Smart Adaptor

New device from sonoff

https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-micro-5v-usb-smart-adaptor.html

3 Likes

WOW!! That is pretty sweet!

This could be handy for some of the USB powered things I have. Wonder if it can be flashed with ESPHome/Tasmota

Received mine yesterday. Someone managed how to integrate with HomeAssistant?

According to this article the device has been built on CKW04 chip (other sonoff devices uses Espressif ESP8266) and they say:

That probably means Sonoff Micro won’t be supported by Sonoff-Tasmota open-source firmware, or that it may take a while before support is implemented.

Awesome news

4 Likes

Just got the Sonoff Micro, is it possible to do DIY Mode with it? I would like to be able to switch the device on and off via an URL locally? Is that possible?

1 Like

Wondering if anyone has this working? I got some too and not sure how hackable they are. When they power on, they broadcast an ITEAD ssid, but connecting to it, I can’t access a webpage (DHCP addr is 192.168.1.2, connecting to 192.168.1.1 doesn’t work).

I don’t have the product but in the list of Sonoff LAN “custom component” devices there is the Micro 5v

2 Likes

Thanks! You are correct, I missed that. I was able to add it using the instructions in this video.

The Micros require a 2.4GHz-only wifi SSID, and my Deco mesh uses the same SSID for both bands. I was able to create a 2.4GHz-only mobile hotspot on my Windows laptop and that worked great to add the devices to the eWeLink app. Then they could be discovered by the Sonoff integration using my eWeLink credentials.

1 Like

How do I set up these devices local-only without a SONOFF account or eWeLink junk?

I’m afraid that it won’t work without the eWeLink application.

By avoiding junk-ware :tm: hardware in the first place :bulb:

One could use for example a esp based version of such a “usb smart switch” and therefor not only own the hardware but also have full control over the software part :raised_hands:

I call some of this sinilink usb boards myself and have supercharged them with esphome :rocket:

All my sonoff devices use Tasmota so no ewelink crap required. Fully local control

By the looks of it the Sonoff device which is topic of this thread (“Sonoff Micro”) isn’t supported by Tasmota. :put_litter_in_its_place:

If you have a different mileage @DavidFW1960 please feel free to explain how to free that device or post a link how it could be done. :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for the useful link bruda.

1 Like

Thank you for this! I ordered two off of eBay, and after a long delay, finally got them from China. Knowing that the pins would be hard to access, I started looking around for options. Several people ordered pogo pin thingies from China which would have meant another long wait. But I stumbled on this on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B097RVZXSQ?ref=ppx_pt2_dt_b_prod_image

It is meant for breaking out a 14 pin package with 1.27mm spacing to pins that can accept normal Dupont cables. It ended up working perfectly. 6 of the 7 pins on one side slip right into the 6 holes on the board. The 7th gives a little stability and then the other row of pins is unused, but also provides some stability because it butts right up along the edge of the board. I successfully flashed ESPHome onto two of them already.

2 Likes

Whoa amazoing!