Sonoff MINI R2 is working on 24V DC

Hi everybody,

Today I was flashing the custom ESPHome firmware to my Sonoff MINI R2 and after this job was done I tried out of curiosity to connect this small device to low DC voltage and miraculously it was working.

I tested both 24V and 12V DC. Sadly in case of 12V it behaves strangely. After voltage is applied it connects to WiFi but after switching the relay (from HA or with PINs) whole device restart it self and relay turns off.
But for the 24V DC it works without any problem!

Nice for everyone who wants to use 24V DC as a secondary wiring for IoT devices and lights!

Here is the proof:

PS: Sonoff Dual R3 is not able to start on “low” DC voltage (tested on 24V)

Hello, I try to make my sonoff mini r2 to work with 25v DC. What version of firmware did you use to flash?
Thanks

The ability to work on “low” DC voltage shouldn’t be linked on the version of firmware. The version of the board is I guess only important factor.

BTW: Sonoff Dual R3 is not able to start on low DC voltage (tested on 24V)

Bumping old topic.

Has anybody tried using the Mini R2 with 24V AC? I’d like to use this as part of a DIY smart rain sensor for my Orbit dumb sprinkler controller.

@rknobbe No, I don’t have any 24V AC power source. But you can try and potentially use AC/DC buck convertor if the 24V AC is not suitable for little Mini R2 :wink: