Sonoff motion sensor is not triggering

I have just purchased a couple of Sonoff motion sensors. They were found just fine by Deconz (I use a Conbee II hub) and I can see details just as battery level. Here’s a few screenshots below.

The problem is that the status remains ‘Not reachable’. I have reset/repair them a few times with the same result. What should I do ?

Throw them out and get proper quality motion sensors.

Not trying to be rude btw, but the Sonoff motion sensors are really bad. I threw like 9 of them out (also around 9 Aqara motion sensors). Check out the threads I linked here. As you can see, I’m not alone.

Sure they might work for some. But a lot of people also just don’t notice a false trigger or only have a few of them. If you have 9 rooms and advanced motion automations, you will quickly notice how much they fail. Even if they just fail once a week, with 9 of then you’re having some bad days, or a terrible week with random issues with one of them.

We have a saying in the Netherlands. Goedkoop = duurkoop. Which means: buying cheap is an expensive purchase. Replacing those shitty Sonoff and Aqara sensors cost me more money and a lot of headaches than it would have if I just got Philips Hue.

I have had good luck with the Shelly motion sensor. It’s not zigbee but they are very reliable. The rechargable batteries make them very handy to mount wherever they are needed.

I’ve got 2. They both failed after a few months. The red LED flashes when movement is detected but nothing is coming through to HA via Z2M. If I reconnect they work for a few minutes then fail again.

I still have all 8 of mine working. Have you upgraded the firmware? I found that when there are updates waiting, they can act a bit flakey until you upgrade. I do have some problems with them going offline at odd times, but they have always come back. I had assumed it was something in my WiFi, but will start doing a deeper dive.