Sonoff not switching power

Hi,

After working fine for 1 week my Tasmota device fails to switch ON the device connected. There is power, It connects to wifi, responsds to MQTT, i see the green LED go On and OFF, i hear a click in Relay aswell but no power sent to Output terminal. Any clues ?

This is happening to 2nd Sonoff device connected to the same appliance Both failed after 1 week of perfect operation.

I have flashed Sonoff Basic R2 v1 with Tasmota 5.14.0. I am using RX (GPIO3) connected to old rocker switch. Disabled Serial Logs.
I am using this switch to control a water heater (2000 watts).

Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated. Pleaseā€¦

If there is power going in and you hear the relay click and see the led change but no power comes out it is likely to be one of two things,

1. wires not secured correctly in the terminal block.
  2. burnt out relay contacts.

Considering this is the second device it has happened to I would be putting my money on scenario 2.

What is your mains voltage?

If it is 120V AC you are switching up to 17Amps and this is the reason.

Thank you for your response.

It is Sonoff Basic R2, Power here is 240 ac, with 2000 watts should less than 10Amps.

My other water heater (aso 2000 watts) is connected to same Sonoff model but older ver (with 5 pins) connected thru GPIO14 had for over a year. No problems with it.
Wires secured. could be burnt relay, but wondering if anyone else face this ?
Could it be GPIO3, dont understand how, but this is the only difference other than a newer sonoff basic R2 model.