Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

One thing you could do is replacing ref: main to ref: v4.2.6 on the remote_package area. Basically you will be instructing ESPHome to always download the code from that specific version instead of downloading the latest version.
When you update ESPHOME, it will download those files from the server, so fixing a version will give you more control to only update ESPHome files to another version when you intentionally change that version number,
The downside is increasing the chances you will be with an older version, but if you have so critical application, that may be the best approach.

Does this work with the NS Panel PRO? I tried and it kicked out saying it couldnt connect on port 3232

No. The Pro is not an ESP based unit.

Thanks for the great project !

Is there a way to always display the chips, even when the state is off/false ?

You can create a toggle helper and associate it to a chip with the icon of your preference. Unless you manually change your helper state, it will always be on (or off).

1 Like

ive manged to modify the light feature so i can turn the screen off but still use the screen saver, might be a better way for it to work but dose what i need.

light:
  # Add the display as a light in Home Assistant
  - name: Display
    id: display_light
    icon: mdi:tablet-dashboard
    platform: monochromatic
    output: display_output
    default_transition_length: 0s
    on_turn_on:
      then:
        - lambda: |-
            ESP_LOGD("light.display_light", "Turn-on");
            if (current_page->state == "screensaver") disp1->goto_page(wakeup_page_name->state.c_str());
            timer_reset_all->execute(wakeup_page_name->state.c_str());
    on_turn_off:
      then:
            ESP_LOGD("light.display_light", "Turn-off");
            disp1->goto_page("screensaver");

output:
  # Output required by `display_light` to send the commands to Nextion
  - id: display_output
    platform: template
    type: float
    write_action:
          ESP_LOGV("output.display_output", "state: %f", state);
          uint8_t current_brightness = int(round(display_light->current_values.is_on() ? (display_light->current_values.get_brightness() * 100.0f) : 0.0));
          ESP_LOGV("output.display_output", "current_brightness: %i%%", current_brightness);
          set_brightness->execute(current_brightness);

2 Likes

Why don’t you create a PR to change this in the customizations docs in the GitHub repository?

1 Like

Just completed an ESPHome update and this is what I it now on my panel … any help is appreciated

So the panel was working with this Blueprint etc prior to the update? I had a lot of trouble with one panel doing this from the very original version of this setup and got it fixed just the other week.

Here was my report and final fix.

Basically I ran a dev version of the ESPhome config for the panel and played around with the TFT baud rate, finally finding which one worked and then being persistent to get it to flash.

Yep it was working just fine until the latest ESPHome update few days ago

Where should this code go, is it you have to place it in the esphome code of the panel or is it an automation of some kind?

You place it in esp, then you get a light switch in HA to build the automation as you wish

Please take a look at this guide: Resolving “System data ERROR!” on Display

1 Like

Ist IT possible to change the collr of a chip during an Automation or Script?

I get to the part when you click install and it compiles the bin file to flash the device with. I keep getting this error:

Reading CMake configuration...
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 8.4.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 8.4.0
-- The ASM compiler identification is GNU
-- Found assembler: /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc -- broken
-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/data/build/nspanelbonus/.pioenvs/nspanelbonus/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
See also "/data/build/nspanelbonus/.pioenvs/nspanelbonus/CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log".

fatal: not a git repository (or any parent up to mount point /)
Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).
CMake Error at /data/cache/platformio/packages/tool-cmake/share/cmake-3.16/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:60 (message):
  The C compiler

"/data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc"

is not able to compile a simple test program.

It fails with the following output:

Change Dir: /data/build/nspanelbonus/.pioenvs/nspanelbonus/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

Run Build Command(s):/data/cache/platformio/packages/tool-ninja/ninja cmTC_c0c5a && [1/2] Building C object CMakeFiles/cmTC_c0c5a.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj
    [2/2] Linking C executable cmTC_c0c5a
    FAILED: cmTC_c0c5a 
    : && /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/xtensa-esp32-elf-gcc -mlongcalls -Wno-frame-address   CMakeFiles/cmTC_c0c5a.dir/testCCompiler.c.obj  -o cmTC_c0c5a   && :
    /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/../lib/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/../../../../xtensa-esp32-elf/bin/ld: /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/../libexec/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/liblto_plugin.so: error loading plugin: /data/cache/platformio/packages/toolchain-xtensa-esp32/bin/../libexec/gcc/xtensa-esp32-elf/8.4.0/liblto_plugin.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    ninja: build stopped: subcommand failed.

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  /data/cache/platformio/packages/framework-espidf/tools/cmake/project.cmake:381 (__project)
  CMakeLists.txt:3 (project)

========================== [FAILED] Took 8.41 seconds ==========================

This makes me think the github link is bad or something? But I can’t find any comments talking about this.

Dear all,

I got the NSPanel up and running, now I’d like to replace my Homematic IP HmIP-BWTH thermostats (230V)] with it. It is used to control my floor heater (via a heat pump).

Since the floor heater is sluggish, which is normal, the Homematic component uses PID (Esphome PID. From my perspective this is a absolute prerequisite to for a thermostat steering a floor heater. ESPHome has this built in.

In that regards I do have the following question.

How can I configure it with this blueprint? Clearly I need a climate/thermostat component in HA. The question is whether I can configure it directly or if I need a HACS component such as ScratMan/HASmartThermostat: Smart Thermostat with PID controller for HomeAssistant (github.com)?

Obviously the built in solution is preferred :wink:

Thanks for your support!

Hello, I have a problem with the display. I would like to make the sign in the red circle appear green when my window is closed. I thought it was set correctly in the blueprint but it just shows up in gray. Can anyone help me?

When you say, paste to your ESPhome file, what do you mean? The local device yaml or the actual esphome file?

FIX!!! Hey all, if you see my questions above about cmake and compile errors, the fix was easy just not well documented. Hoping someone finds this and makes it better known for anyone else hitting these frustrating errors.

Simple…change framework to Arduino. Ran like a champ on the first pass. Even flashed over the top of an already flashed device wirelessly.

EDIT well…the compiling and install went well, but now I’m wondering if all the blueprint and setup stuff actually work when you install it with arduino. Has anyone else tried this? I’m getting automation errors all over the place.

Second EDIT! It SEEMS like everything is running as it should. I little buggy but I think that’s just due to my lack of config. For example when you wake it up it auto defaults to the climate page, then a stripped down version of it (just slider, no read outs) then eventually times itself out to the home page. Guessing this is all stuff I just need to tinker with. Overall, after I got the bin to compile it was smooth sailing. Really cool use of blueprints and automations with services to create this. Creativity = 1000%