Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

Hi @ all,

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

This is the FIRST and ONLY custom version of the “Sonoff NSPanel” that is easy to configure via Blueprint and does not require much installation or code line changes.

You can find the full project on GITHUB

2 Home3 Buttonpage

(More images see below)

Description

This project allows you to configure your complete NSPanel via a Blueprint with UI.

That means you don’t have to customize any code or change any lines in the code.

So you have a nice graphical interface where you can build your NSPanel. And the best thing is, the installation takes only a few minutes.

The goal was to create a version that allows everyone to use the NSpanel fully local without having to deal with programming or reading hours of documentation - AND YES WE DID IT!!! :wink:

The only requirement is ESPHome and copy paste of a few lines of code - a step by step guide can be found in the Github WIKI

:closed_book: Full documentation and installation is available here NSPanel Configuration, Setup and HowTo.

:rocket: How to create “Issues” when I have a problem WIKI HowTo

:star: All Feature Requests can be found here All Feature Request

:tada: Roadmap Roadmap can be found here Roadmap

🙋 WE ARE LOOKING FOR YOU! We are always looking for people who would like to support this project. We are looking for help with "programming new features, writing documentation or translating documentation to EN. If you are interested then please contact us :slight_smile:

Features:

• easy to use and simple configuration via Blueprint - no change in the code is necessary
  • 32 buttons on 4 button pages with long press function for settings (more buttons are also possible)
  • Button design is automatically generated based on the selected entity
  • Buttons show current brightness and cover position in the button itself
  • Buttons label can be assigned via blueprint
  • Weather + 5 days weather forcast
  • Thermostat + Touch + Relay control for floor heating
  • Light control (brightness-slider, colorwheel, TempColor-slider) - via Long Press
  • Cover control (open, close, position-slider) - via long press
  • Settings page (display brightness, display dim brightness, auto-dim, sleep mode, reboot NSPanel)
  • Swipe between pages
  • Top menu with 10 icons for specific states
  • Heating control (hot water)
  • modern design - design easy to change via Adobe Express (free + design template)
  • 2 pysical switches
  • and much more :wink:

Finally a few more pictures :wink:

2 Home 3 Buttonpage

4 lightsetting 1 5 Lightsetting 2

6 Lightsetting 3 7 Thermostat

8 Cover 9 Weather

10 Settings 1 Boot

I wish everyone a lot of fun with this Blueprint and yes we will continue to develop it :slight_smile:

69 Likes

It looks very nice and interesting, including integration into NSpanel. Just one question: if I configure according to the documentation, will the descriptions on the NSpanel display, buttons, switches, weather be in my native language as HA or only EN or DE or do I need to do something else?
thanks

hi - at the moment DE and EN.
other languages would also be possible. Would only have to find someone who would translate it

1 Like

I assume this requires running the default firmware on the NSPanel? So if it’s been flashed with ESPHome previously, this won’t work.

No it requires esphome you can find step by step instructions on the Github Wiki

4 Likes

Nice one! I cannot wait to install and experiment with this. I found the ns panel quit a challenge. Maybe this works. Cannot wait for holidays

1 Like

Up and running! Seems good. Thank you for your effort!
People who had tasmota istalled need to first flash empty tft through tasmota console, make sure it was instaled and then move to esphome by flashing legacy bin file using tasmota webui.

2 Likes

Can you publish your findings?
For example: it’s stable, it doesn’t randomly restart the NPanel device…

Where can I find everything that needs to be translated so that the entire NSpanel is in my native language?

I will do it. Less than 24hours tested. No random restarts. Will post again after a few days.
For the traslation go to their github.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your willingness

i have seen your request - thanks

Great expansion. I congratulate you on your work.

Will there also be an extension for a alarm system?

Another question: Is this Version 120 Type also supported? Link: https://itead.cc/product/sonoff-nspanel-smart-scene-wall-switch/ref/3/

Update: Oh its on the Roadmap, great New feature : Alarm panel · Issue #66 · Blackymas/NSPanel_HA_Blueprint · GitHub

Is it possible to show notification screens as in joBr99’s version?
https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/notifications/#seperate-page

I need this to show when trashcans need to be on the street.

I think I’m doing something wrong - the ESPHome bin flashed the nspanel, the TFT uploaded, it comes online and it looks like the empty version of the pics posted in the opening post. If I press the hard left or right button I can see the entities of the panel change in HA, so it’s definitely hooked up right. But I can’t get the settings I put in the automation to appear on the panel, no matter if I manually run the automation or reboot the panel.

Never mind, just reread the documentation closely and saw you’re not allowed to use a dash - in the device name! D’oh. Reflashed with a new name and now the automation is working.

2 Likes

Hello,

at the moment no but is already on the roadmap and should not be a problem.

please check GitHub issue / roadmap

The problem is rather that we have 100 ideas but do not know what is the best variant.

Can you briefly describe what your ideas are or how it is with lovelace -ui

1 Like

as i have already mentioned, the esphome code and the blueprint are the same. Only the graphics have to be moved because the display has a different resolution.

Unfortunately I do not have a US version and am looking for someone who can simply move the images in the hmi file and test it.

1 Like

Well with lovelace-ui it’s rather limited.
What i would like is 2 things:

1. a fully customisable screensaver that can differ per day. Where text, icons and entity states can be added to own liking. So one can create a todo list for that day. Or change the background to be entirely green with large letters to have something noticed when walking by (take out the trash).
  2. notifications; lovelace-ui has this. Send popup boxes. Preferably with acknowledge button so they can be stacked.
1 Like

Thank you for your work on this! I just flashed the device and did the initial configuration and works flawlessly!

1 Like