Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

Hello, @jobraun everything works great and the updates to Nextion run smoothly.

Which file to use to update tasmota? Or i should leave it with version 11.1.0.3?

latest tasmota is fine, preferable the nspanel version

http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota32/release/

Got it, thanks!!!

Sorry for the dam question but how I can execute this command?

Also I can see my NSPanel in web browser but screen is dark. I use Tasmota after a custom build with ESP Home and it’s no original tft or firmware left on the panel
Thank you in advanced for help

Dark Screen sounds like you didn’t apply the tasmota template correctly.

You have to execute that command in the tasmota console. (but that only works if the display has power / is enabled, so you need the tasmota template activated)

Thank you Johannes
But how I can execute this command? I try to copy and paste US Version Portrait line to console bottom part and hit enter but it’s shows error. I am new to all this stuff with Tasmota

The berry driver needs to be installed to execute this command, if you had other drivers installed before try to delete the .bec file

Follow this step by step, template, driver and then the display flashing.

You can check if the berry driver successfully loaded in the berry console {and also force loading with load(“autoexec.be”)}

https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/prepare_nspanel/#configure-tasmota-template-for-nspanel

Berry is installed. I will try to do it again, may be I miss step or 2
TY

you can take a look at this video for setting up the template and the berry driver (just don’t use the berry driver from blakadder and the one from the lovelace repo instead)

1 Like

Screen is start working after I check all parameters in tasmota and fix IP address :grinning:
Now I need to figure it out why I can’t open my AppDaemon web Ui.
Thank you for help Johannes Braun

hey there
trying to flash tasmota
on us nspanel.
Using espflash to flash
nspanel.bin.
the process is successfully finish
but I don’t get ap.

anyone got an idea how to solve this?

you don’t need the appdaemon UI, just a way to edit apps.yaml

there are seperate tasmota binaries for flashing with esptool

http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota32/release/

Factory binaries to be used for inital flashing using esptool
example flashing initial tasmota:
esptool.py write_flash 0x0 tasmota32.factory.bin

Ok Thank you, will try

Good day everyone
So, my NSPanel is up but stock in welcome screen from my previous flash with ESP home. I can see this panel in my HA Tasmota integration, but it’s said Tasmota in device info and ESP Home in right top corner. I try to add some stuff in APP Daemon app.yaml and restart panel but nothing happend. Any idea what is going on?
Mosquitto MQTT is installed and running , I can see my Zigbee to MQTT devices there but not this panel. I use a DUCK DNS server for my HA but put local Ip addres in yaml and mqtt files: 192.168.1.XX:8123 or just an IP address without :8123 where it’s mqtt 1883 or 5050 for AppDaemon.
TY

You need to flash the firmware of the nextion screen.

https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/prepare_nspanel/#flash-firmware-to-nextion-screen

@krizkontrolz first thanks for this firmware, with the instructions it was easy to setup my US NSPanel and now it is up and running. I have a question, can i set the US version in landscape mode? i did not find this information or maybe i missed it.

Hi! I did a movie about how to implement swipe detection. I searched around but didn’t find any super clear answer. The solution is based on some answer that has been in this thread coming from some discord discussion. I changed the code a bit to get it working. If you like watching movies, check it out. If you’re a reader and just want the code, read below.

I’ll put the code below as well.

Swipe detection example:

Nextion editor
On each page you will need: 1 TouchCap (tc0), 1 Timer (tm0), 3 Variables (va0, va1, va2)
We’re also using a Nextion variable called tch1. Tch1 gives us a Y coordinate every time the screen is touched. Tch0 is X and should be used if you want to implement left/right swiping. My code is only for down/up swipe.

The timer lenght and if(va0.val>20) and if(va0.val<-20) can be adjusted if you don’t like how fast or how long you wan’t to swipe for it to be considered as a swipe. The important thing is that the timer ends during the swipe movement and not after the swiper has released the screen.

Code:

TouchCap Press Event (tc0):

va1.val=tch1
tm0.en=1

TouchCap Release Event (tc0):

tm0.en=0
if(tch1==0)
// Tch1 is zero when no one is touching the screen
{
  if(va2.val!=0)
  {
    va0.val=va1.val-va2.val
    if(va0.val>20)
    {
      //Up swipe
      page 9
    }else if(va0.val<-20)
    {
      //Down swipe"
      page 3
    }
    va2.val=0
  }
}

Timer Event (tm0)

if(tch1!=0)
{
  va2.val=tch1
}
tm0.en=0

Variables (va0, va1, va2):

No code

2 Likes

I don’t know, you are magician or what but , I did this few times before and no luck
Read you replay and decided to try again , and now it’s flushing
Thank you

Just watched, thanks heaps for all your efforts