Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

this part of the log ends with the message for exiting the screensaver, if you are running into this issue while exiting the screensaver this log output is before you issue occurs

Having got my NSPanel yesterday, Ive now read through all 861 posts and happy to be number 862. Thank you to everyone for your hard work and efforts to post here for community at large of which I am certainly one/

1 Like

Oh man I read in a news post that the Nspanel Pro probably uses an Android under the hood. Hopefully an integration into HA will be possible somehow even if I am curious how to make it possible. Look hereNspanel Pro review

This is another log dump of it crashing. I have 2 nspanels - one works fine if this makes a difference?

2022-07-31 20:19:01.040359 INFO nspanel-1: Sending MQTT Message: time~20:19
2022-07-31 20:19:00.027906 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: time~20:19
2022-07-31 20:18:32.513616 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: weatherUpdate~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~21.1ļæ½ļæ½C~Mon~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~20.5ļæ½ļæ½C~Tue~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~21.2ļæ½ļæ½C~Wed~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~19.9ļæ½ļæ½C~Thu~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~19.2ļæ½ļæ½C
2022-07-31 20:18:32.341356 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: pageType~screensaver
2022-07-31 20:18:32.318876 INFO nspanel-2: Started rendering of page None with type screensaver
2022-07-31 20:18:32.300646 INFO nspanel-2: Button Press Event; entity_id: cardGrid; button_type: sleepReached; value: None
2022-07-31 20:18:32.292455 INFO nspanel-2: Received Message from Screen: event,sleepReached,cardGrid
2022-07-31 20:18:32.278608 INFO nspanel-2: MQTT callback for: {ā€˜topicā€™: ā€˜tele/nspanelDiningRoom/RESULTā€™, ā€˜wildcardā€™: None, ā€˜payloadā€™: ā€˜{ā€œCustomRecvā€:ā€œevent,sleepReached,cardGridā€}ā€™}
2022-07-31 20:18:12.978847 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: entityUpd~unknown~1|1~light~light.room_lamp~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~17299~Lamp~0~light~light.dining_lamp~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~17299~Dining Lamp~0~light~light.playroom_light~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~17299~Playroom~0~light~light.noah_bedroom_lamp~ļæ½ļæ½ļæ½~17299~Noah Lamp~0~delete~~~~~
2022-07-31 20:18:12.934901 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: pageType~cardGrid
2022-07-31 20:18:12.930396 INFO nspanel-2: Started rendering of page 0 with type cardGrid
2022-07-31 20:18:12.926708 INFO nspanel-2: Button Press Event; entity_id: screensaver; button_type: bExit; value: 1
2022-07-31 20:18:12.922762 INFO nspanel-2: Received Message from Screen: event,buttonPress2,screensaver,bExit,1
2022-07-31 20:18:12.919872 INFO nspanel-2: MQTT callback for: {ā€˜topicā€™: ā€˜tele/nspanelDiningRoom/RESULTā€™, ā€˜wildcardā€™: None, ā€˜payloadā€™: ā€˜{ā€œCustomRecvā€:ā€œevent,buttonPress2,screensaver,bExit,1ā€}ā€™}
2022-07-31 20:18:01.029590 INFO nspanel-1: Sending MQTT Message: time~20:18
2022-07-31 20:18:00.027033 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: time~20:18

@jobraun it seems to be a driver issue, just updated my working screen to the latest nextion driver as per the instructions on the screen and now that screen does exactly the same thing.

I now have 2 NSPanels that reboot every time i try to exit the screensaver

Are you sure about the driver? That one didnā€™t change since 4 Month.
If you want to test an older display firmware, you can always go back to older versions.

FlashNextion http://nspanel.pky.eu/lovelace-ui/github/nspanel-v3.1.0.tft

Also please check the tasmota logs. It would be useful to know if tasmota reboots or the nextion display reboots or the birghtness just changes to zero or the screen is just empty. Maybe a video would also help.

Just been informed of a newer release of the backend software via HACS - updated and everything works fine again. Not sure why HACS didnā€™t notify me earlier. Thank you

There is a new NS Panel ā€œproā€ coming .
I havenā€™t got the time/skill to get my NS panel working outside the sonoff eco system.

Is there any work arounds to get a widget to control something else?
I just want my aquara blinds to open/close from a button!

Hmm seems it just got a native integration. Good for you iTead. Thinking about just going stock since this thing has been sitting in my drawer since I flashed it. I just havenā€™t had the time to get back to it yet. I canā€™t remember where I stuck the backup that I made of it now. Is there anywhere I can get the stock firmware?

Wonder what that native integration means in practice? Anybody tested yet?

Today on Kickstarter Itead has Annonce this:

New Features:

ā— Support Home Assistant

Currently supports switch and light devices.

Not so many, hope for more possible Things

1 Like

Wellā€¦ switch is kind of a boolean, and light probably has temperature, brightness and all that.
So that means you could probably template/automate a lot of things from just these two entity types.

Tried to test the integration with with an NSPanel:

All went well, except when trying to Sync Home Assistant Devices from the addon, nothing happens besides this info: ā€˜Get device list failedā€™ .

Anyone tested this yet?

would I be correct to assume Iā€™d need to set this back to stock before I can use the new integrationā€¦if that is the case if there an easy way to flash this back if I havenā€™t/didnā€™t back things up first?

Hello, I just read your post nowā€¦

Has anything become of ā€œpage creationā€?

That looks pretty nice, just as understated as you would expect from NSPanel and from Nextion.

It would also be great if the site was in Germanā€¦ Saves some trouble and ā€œcommunication errorsā€

Has anyone here been able to create something based on the original?
I canā€™t figure out how to use ā€œwidgetā€. I know ā€œpagesā€, ā€œlinked pagesā€ that one can commonly create in Nextion, but no ā€œcustomā€ corresponds to them. (not even the offered HMI files)
How do you get approximately the same (original image by Sonoff, same button surfaces) as on ā€œOriginal Panelā€?

You can just make that with the HMI file and Nextion editor.
I canā€™t really remember what it looked like but I didnā€™t find it very special.

Thank you for your writing. Unfortunately I only have ā€œttf fileā€ of original, you canā€™t edit that, although the original is nice (I love the picture and the layout of the page)

Okā€¦ I thought you meant it differently.
Have you looked at GitHub - marcfager/nspanel-mf: Custom HMI controlled by ESPHome for the Sonoff NSPanel. Includes media player card and home screen with weather data and clock. More to come. from my memory itā€™s rather similar in background.

Yes, I tried to ā€œconvertā€ them (I donā€™t need ā€œMedia&Coā€, thatā€™s what the ladies are there for: Google Assistant, Siri, Alexa or Trixbi, I donā€™t even have to lift my fingersā€¦ :slight_smile:

He also forgot the missing switches (below the 2 ā€œlinesā€), I did that myself, but Iā€™m looking for the original picturesā€¦ The ā€œround sliderā€ (thermostat) is beautiful, as are the small symbols on it NSPanelā€¦ Itā€™s a pity that the others donā€™t like it and seem to assemble a lot of weird switch panelsā€¦
When I bought it the reason was because itā€™s beautiful. Above all on the wallā€¦ You canā€™t hang these other ā€œtilesā€ on the wallā€¦