Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

hehehe… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
I remembered something… Windows isn’t that stupid…
You can “copy” the pictures… Then it looks like the original… :slight_smile:hauptseite

In my humble opinion, give this one a try:

But, Full Disclosure I’m the developer of this one.

1 Like

I’m using your build on multiple NSpanels in my home and i am loving it! even more important… the wife is asking for additional NSpanels since this works so well. Many thanks!

1 Like

I am looking to put your firmware on my nspanel but the instructions are a bit daunting, Is there a video tutorial anywhere?
Thanks.

1 Like

Hey,
for tasmota installation maybe this one, for the berry driver you have to use the one from my repo instead of the one in the video.

2 Likes

Has anyone got this integration working? As I understood, stock NSPanel and HAOS should work together.

1 Like

As far as I have understood it’s not a recommended method to use since Paulus believes it can break.

Yes!
With us too, only men want it, women should do it… :slight_smile:

(Nextion Display 10" + ESP32) With Nextion Intelligent (no discovery) have you sound

Since it apparently works thanks to the new Nextion integration, you can construct many panels yourself, with or without a relay, just a dashboard (replacement) or with your own function, as a stand-alone device.

This is what many still don’t seem to understand… Modulation turns NSPanel into a “switch”, or “dashbord”, but it could become a standalone device (functions even without HA/OpenHab)

My plan always insisted that every device should be integrated into HA, as a central unit, but every device (HUE, Harmonie"Tab", TV, Himekino…) also works without HA as an independent device (what are they doing Guys, if the Pi suddenly fails?)
I like Tashmota, it’s like “Wisuino”, it’s fast, but as far as NSPanel is concerned, it’s a disaster…

Thank you for your attention…

The first thing I tried was the version you recommended.

Sorry, but after trying it for 2 weeks I lost interest…
It got stuck (“waiting before connecting”)

I also tried with other ESP32 and other Nextion (Discovery series), no chance it gets stuck on “page 0”…

Didn’t even work in Nextion editor simulator before I flashed it…

If it works in the “simulator”, it also works as flash.

But if it gets stuck in the “simulator”, it’s no wonder that it can’t be flashed…

I’m sticking with my method mainly because I also need “Bluetoothtracker” for Xaomi and all this (Display+Sensors+Relai+Switch+Bluetoth) works with its own “FW” or as a new device.

Above all, I don’t want a “dashboard replacement” on the table, but a device like the current NSPanel.
Do I want “Media”(?) do I have the old Harmony, or assistants like Alexa or Google, Siri, Trixi, and I just have to say what I want (“Cinema night”= roller blind down, switch on TV+AVReciver+LED background on TV+Bluray or NASH)

I have floor/heating+cooling (heat pump and gas boiler) like most people in EU (energy saving) To be able to control it properly it is not enough to set “setpoint”, “fan-switch” to “thermstat-page”. … You need a lot more… :slight_smile:

I didn’t start with home automation today, but after another 10 years new devices are coming again (now it is, NSPanel with Android) but if you buy devices and “rebuild” them for your own needs, you have more chance that they will also 10 years, instead of demulating, after which the guarantee is gone…

Flashing for NSPanel takes more time and costs more than assembling a new device…

I mean; is the flashing of NSPanel (demulation) is like setting up a “HomePoint” for the table that was common a few years ago.
If you want to be “mobile”(?), there is no replacement, because it does not work with batteries.

If you want a nice “dashboard” on the wall(?), you can’t avoid a tablet or large display (10") (there is also a Nextion, ready to use with speakers + additional GPIO, to switch)

If you want “automation” and “stay mobile” (?) turn on the heating while you’re on the road, you’re still dependent on “Casa Home” (Alexa/Google via voice), + phone.

Do you want to mount it on the wall(?) for which it is intended for power supply(?)=>
getting up from the sofa every time, going to the wall to switch something…

It doesn’t make any sense to me… :slight_smile:

It got stuck (“waiting before connecting”)

This is normal behaviour, it is waiting for content from a backend application, it doesn’t work magically standalone. You need to setup AppDaemon with the backend.

If you have issues with it please open a waiting for content issue on github, this is always a configuration issue.

1 Like

Hello,
without “AppDamond” nothing would work for me… (I have 8 “panels” with Nextion)

I have also made all the necessary settings in “HomeAssistant”…

I’m not the only one with this problem, there are many entries with the same problem… I think most of them (like me) have given up…

But I believe your version depends on “HACS integration”.

I don’t like HACS and I don’t use OpenHAB either…
In HA, the integration for “HACS” is not mandatory, “AppDamon” works very well without “HACS”

I have flashed the NSPanel yesterday, following your instructions - https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/. Yes a few stops and start, though works like a charm. My first mistake is to not use your Template and Berry driver, some out there are different and I was trying to be fast. I then run the FlashNextion command and the world was starting to look better.
Finally in AppDaemon I added a line that I should not have - it caused the waiting Error.
plugins:
HASS:
type: hass
# ha_url: http://172.16.1.240:8123

Hope this helps.

I nearly forgot why I came here - looking at your graphic above. You show that you can control the brightness. I cannot seem to get this to show up (US-P) or are you using a input_number and automation.

Yes, this project requires to you to have the Home Assistant and AppDeamon up and running for the panels to work. It wouldn’t be possible to create such a tight integration with Home Assistant and work without Home Assistant running at the same time.

HACS is a community AppStore for Home Assistant, it just handles downloading and updating of the App within AppDaemon, it is not mandatory and not at all related to openHAB!?, this is a completely different Home Automation System.

You can just download all files within the apps folder of the github repo manually into your apps folder of appdaemon, this is everything HACS does, but you won’t have any update management with this.

1 Like

What do you mean?
You should be able to configure brightness to a static value

config:
    sleepBrightness: 20

to an input_number

config:
    sleepBrightness: input_number.brightness_nspanel

or some more complex schedules

sleepBrightness:
      - time: "sunrise"
        value: 10
      - time: "22:00:00"
        value: 0

@jobraun I am flashing your code now (or trying to) i have followed the video but am now stuck trying to download your .be file I have been looking for ages and can only find ways to copy the code rather than any actual file download? would you mind pointing me in the correct direction please?
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

@jobraun - I am trying to get the climate card to work but having some issues. My code is

- type: cardThermo
    title: Heating
  - entity: climate.hive

The entity works fine on the lovelace dashboard but on the NSPanel it doesnt work. No values and no left and right arrows to change page at the top. Any ideas?

Log looks like:

2022-08-29 14:35:25.945987 INFO nspanel-2: Sending MQTT Message: pageType~cardThermo
2022-08-29 14:35:25.935962 INFO nspanel-2: Started rendering of page 1 with type cardThermo
2022-08-29 14:35:25.912661 INFO nspanel-2: Button Press Event; entity_id: screensaver; button_type: bExit; value: 1
2022-08-29 14:35:25.892410 INFO nspanel-2: Received Message from Screen: event,buttonPress2,screensaver,bExit,1
2022-08-29 14:35:25.856357 INFO nspanel-2: MQTT callback for: {‘topic’: ‘tele/nspanelDiningRoom/RESULT’, ‘wildcard’: None, ‘payload’: ‘{“CustomRecv”:“event,buttonPress2,screensaver,bExit,1”}’}

IMG_1906

1 Like

Just edit the autoexec.be file in tasmota and copy paste all of the content into it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/joBr99/nspanel-lovelace-ui/main/tasmota/autoexec.be

1 Like

remove the dash in front of entity

cards:
      - type: cardThermo
        entity: climate.kuche_boden
1 Like