Sonoff NSPanel by ITead - Smart Scene Wall Switch based on ESP32 and custom Nextion Touch Screen Panel Display (non-Pro variant)

I’m not sure I would call it a tight integration with all the extra overhead it uses.

1 Like

@jobraun I got there in the end! I had the issue waiting for the backend , after checking the code over and over and restarts, I had a HACs update, ran it, and the screen up date and it jumped to life. going to send a donation over for all your hard work.

1 Like

Sorry re reading my question I was obviously not clear. For me I can press and hold on a Entity and get a page with the entity brightness if it’s powered on. Is it possible to have the brightness always visible as Portrait has enough room and sometimes it’ nice to turn on a lamp with the slider.

1 Like

No, home assistant doesn’t provide values for color/brightness level if the device is turned off, you should have the same limitation in homeassistant’s UI

Hi. I want to connect NSPanel directly to alarm system (Ropam or RPI based alarm) without wifi connection. Can I make custom action (relay or serial command) after arm or disarm alarm on NSPanel?

did you flash it
If not, then it works as described on “EWELINK Comunity” pages, NSPanel is like a “socket” (cable connections to your alarm system)
It’s asking for an ESP32 here, just like installing a loose ESP, with the caveat that the GPIO-s are already taken, so “the siren of the alarm system” I would specify as GPIO21.

what you can install on an ESP, you can also do here, only the GPIO-s have to be kept…

this is what my replica looks like (still at work) without HACS, without Tasmota, because in Nextion you can install a lot without Arduino and other things…
Also the switching of GPIO-s, especially as “PWM”…

I don’t need an “extra switch for dimming the screen”, not even from Home Assistant, Nextion can do that alone… (“slider”)

For an “Integration with Homeassistant” there are many ways, not only this method…
What I don’t understand:

1. It suggests “be independent of cloud”, flash your device because that doesn’t know what was stored on your device…
  2. If I install a ready-made “FW” (".bin" or “.be”) on a device, do I know what data will be on it?
  3. Why are those who are skeptical, or maybe suspicious (myself included) but get creative and bring something new together on this forum, simply putting it aside and scolding it? Is that because they don’t flaunt their projects? Not everyone likes “smashing the artwork”

Very minor, though thought I would highlight. The date for Thursday,01.September 2022 is clipped and you only see half of the last 2.

You could change the dateformat and remove the year.

https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/config-overview/

in case you don’t have babel installed:

dateFormat: "%A, %d. %B"

How to use on_incoming_message on sairon’s ESPHome component ?

Yes, I have already done that. Just trying to help you on the little things

I have successfully installed using Sonoff and NSPanel app daemon and everything is working perfectly. M question is how can I change the icons used in the weather screen saver in specific? regardless of the weather integration I use the same icons will show up and I just need them changed.

to be specific the sun icon used I want to change. Appreciate any help on this.

screensaver:
      entity: weather.openweathermap

The mapping to the material design icon names is in icons.py, you can change the mapping there it will be effective after restarting appdaemon. I’m not planning to make this configureable in apps.yaml

@jobraun this worked perfectly. Thanks for the quick response.

it would be great if there is a way to make it survive upgrades later on.

What exactly did you change? Maybe this would help me to understand the use case better.

Basically I edited one line in icons.py as you instructed and changed the icon used. restarted appdaemon and it worked. to be specific the below one lie I changed the icon name used.

'sunny': 'white-balance-sunny',

But I know i will have to repeat that anytime you make changes to the app itself.

I guess if you would move the config for the icons itself to a separate file that will not be overwritten when any update happen. This way the changes will survive any update in the future and we do not have to worry about manually editing that file ever again.

Hmm, this looks better than the weather-sunny icon.
I’ve taken the mapping from the offical HA Frontend Code:

1 Like

Can’t you just write an automation to update the file each time HA does a restart. As everyone will have different tastes.

1 Like

Unless it is a configurable variable it would be a difficult task to do that.

1 Like

Current development version is now showing a brightness slider for lights regardless of the power state.

2 Likes