Sonoff NSPanel Pro (Android-based) in-wall 4-inch smart display with touch screen by ITead available for pre-order

Im looking to get some NSPanel Pros and wondering if they are still the best thing to buy, ie is there now somerthing better out there?

any idea how to power the NSPanelPro via POE? the place where I want to install them I have an ethernet cable but no other power

The nspanel pro needs a 5v supply. I have mounted the power supply remote.
There are some poe to 5v adapters, like this:

how do I do the wiring from the ethernet cable to the NSPanel?

The NSPanel Pro cannot be powered over PoE, as it runs on 110-220V AC.

The power supply of the nspanel is mounted on the back of the panel itself, and the only voltage that it output is 5v.
With some electrical skills it’s easy to replace the power supply but, for sure, you void the warranty.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but the NSPanel Pro has no outputs.
The NSPanel (non-Pro) has outputs, but 100-240V AC and not 5V.

Maybe i wasn’t clear. I’m referring to nspanel pro. I’ve removed the power supply from the back of the unit, and the power supply is a standard line voltage (ie 230v) to 5v. On the display unit (where is all the electronics, so the android system, display drivers, touch, audio, and lcd panel) enters only a single 5volt voltage. I’ve done it. I’ve removed the psu from the back of the panel, and mounted it few meter away from the display iteslf, and it’s working perfectly by almost 5 months.
So, if you bypass/move the stock power supply, and give to the panel electronics a 5volt supply from any other source (for example a poe to 5v adapter) it will work.

3 Likes

Aha, I misunderstood what you meant indeed. Good idea to separate both!

1 Like

Is it also possible to make the speaker in the NSPanel Pro available as an output to HA ? In short… I want to link my smart doorbell in HA - to then when pressed play a wav/mp3 audio file on the NSPANEL PRO…

The HA app is already installed on it …

Have a look at this Reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/12kxcs6/ns_panel_pro_24v_power_supply_mod_running_ha/
This guy designed a PCB and case for the NSPanel Pro to feed 24V to it as a replacement for the existing PSU. I have assembled a few of them and it works perfectly.