Sonoff NSPanel Tasmota as Thermostat

I’ve just ordered a Sonoff NSPanel to (hopefully) act as a thermostat for my single zone underfloor heating. My manifold is operated by a single switch which is a Shelly 1 PM flashed with Tasmota.

My understanding is that out of the box, the NSPanel works with the awful eWeLink app and is expecting to control a thermostat (read switch) with native Sonoff Firmware.

I don’t care about lovelace UI or anything flashy from that point but what is the minimum I would need to do to get the NSPanel to control the Tasmota flashed Shelly 1? Have horrible visions of a dummy sonoff switch with the eWeLink integration and a piece of automation which toggles the Shelly based on the dummy sonoff state but there must be a cleaner way.

Will flashing the NSPanel with tasmota allow me to control any tasmota flashed switch with the NSPanel settings or is there more to it than that?

Once the NSPanel is flashed with Tasmota you can configure it to send MQTT messages to control anything.

Thank you. What I am trying to figure out is that the NSPanel orginal firmware has a thermostat page where you define the switch which operates your heater (in my case underfloor heating manifold). Will this be available so I can make use of the default scheduling?

Basically like this but with tasmota switches rather than sonoff

Not saying this is the right answer but I found a way around of sorts. Installed this on docker (even though I dont have supervisor) and you can link existing non-sonoff switches to your sonoff account

Absolutely not saying this is the right answer, it’s ugly and not local but do while I look for a better tasmota/esphome solution in the background