Sonoff official vs sonofflan

Hi there,

I can’t seem to find anything on this forum or on internet comparing the official HA integration from sonoff - How to Add Your SONOFF Devices On Home Assistant - SONOFF Official - and sonofflan.
Has anyone tried the official integration? I haven’t used sonofflan before so keen to hear some views

cheers

I tried it quickly when i bought Dual R3, i also tried HACS plugin https://github.com/AlexxIT/SonoffLAN which is better than original stuff, but i ended up flashing with tasmota. I don’t like the fact that showed data is pretty basic and that you can’t do anything with them except what’s factory set.

Otherwise i use ESPHome on all my sonoff’s. I have sensors on them, additional I/O’s…
I like the fact that i get all control over them and i program them exactly the way i wanted them to be. I’ll flash my DualR3’s with ESPHome, too, as soon as they will be supported (hopefully they will be).

I’m using the Sonoff device’s unmodified together with the HACS SonoffLAN integration.

433MHz bridge with several CD100S door sensors
Several TX wall-mount three-way switches
Several Basic R3 switches
Several MINI switches
Several S26TPF wall outlet plugin switches

It all works fine for me, no need to modify. All the functions just do it’s work, no delays, no misses…

It’s quite ok if you use it “out of the box”, sure. I have BME280 sensor on some of them, then MCP23017, SHT31, inputs for automatic door state (open, close, moving)… none of this is possible without changing FW.

Just a question. How did you flashed it? I have soldered GND, VCC, TX, RX. Connected to PC. On my TTL converter there are LEDs for RX and TX. I have no response from Sonoff - RX never lights up. I have tried with button pushed, without, with mains connected, without,… no change. RX lights up only when mains is connected and TTL s connected too, no button prssed. But no connection from PC is made even if RX is respondign for a while.

With original sonoff software i think that there’s no communication on UART.
For programming connect GND, Tx and Rx to UART to USB interface (Rx to Tx, Tx to Rx). Don’t use mains power for programming!!! Use external 3.3V power supply and connect it to 3v3 and GND.
Then power-off your sonoff, press and hold button and power it back on. After that you can release button. This way you’ll get into programming mode. Run your programmer software (i use tasmotizer) and if it doesn’t respond interchange Rx an Tx. That’s all to it.

Hint: if your power supply has current measurement you’ll know if sonoff is in programming mode or not, because in normal work mode module draws current in the range of 60-80mA, while in programming mode current is only appr. 30mA.

Unfortunately, this is not working for me. No idea why… Will try with current measurement - thanks.

In this case check if your button is connected to GPIO0 (for ESP8266) since GPIO0 must be pulled to GND in order to enter programming mode. If not you must manually pull GPIO0 to GND with a wire.