Sonoff Presence Sensor - SNZB-06P - No Light Level

Hi Guys,

I was trying to set one of these up today in the folks house and it is connecting in fine but it is not showing any light level in the sensors.

All it is showing is Motion & Occupancy.

I was looking on the Sonoff website and they say that light level is available but perhaps this isn’t being sent over to Home Assistant?

I have the Sonoff Universal Zigbee 3.0 Dongle attached to HA to connect my devices and have several light switches connected so far and working fine.

This is my HA versions:

• Core 2024.1.5
  • Supervisor 2023.12.1
  • Operating System 11.4
  • Frontend 20240104.0

Anyone else used these devices and have an available light level?

Cheers,
Mac

Hi guys,

The bearded tinkerer replied to me on this in YT.

Currently the light level is only available in Z2M but not yet ZHA, and obviously via the Sonoff hub if you’re connected that way.

I didn’t realise that Z2M offered extra sensor data for these newer devices, I might have to read up on how to set it up and access this extra sensor data.

Thanks

Hi guys,

I updated the setup to use Z2M and added all the devices again.

I can now see the luminance, albeit very limited as it appears to only give bright & dim.

However, I was still trying to use this in an automation to turn on the light if occupancy was detected and the illuminance was dim.

For some reason I cannot access the illuminance value within the automation, it’s really odd.

Has anyone seen this before?

Cheers,
Mac

Hi Mac, et al.

I find myself in the same situation as you, I’m trying to use the ‘brightness’ and ‘presence’ of the SNZB-06P in an a light automation, it would be a really neat automation.

The documentatioin I reviewed

states that the brightness is only updated when presence is detected so using it in an automation will not be straightforward

If I find a way round this I’ll share it

regards
Chris

1 Like

Were you able to use it in an automation when also presence is detected?

I found that i could use {"illumination": ""} and bright / dim in the link you posted, but i don’t know yaml well enough to use this info.

greetings

Anyone facing the issue where the Occupied to Unoccupied just doesn’t change? It either takes forever or it doesn’t happen at all.

1 Like

Yes, this is happening to me. It usually involves me having to plug it out and in again.

I am currently running Z2M with the Sky Connect adapter and having lots of issues, this being one of them.

The same problem was happening in the folks house so I switched out the Sky Connect adapter for the Sonoff Dongle E and the issues were resolved… Switching the adapter in my own house is my next approach.

What adapter are you using?

Can confirm the exact same issues using HA green, sky connect via Z2M. The luminance detection hasn’t been very accurate. Had an issue with the occupancy status being stuck and had to manually reconnect for it to work.