Sonoff RF Bridge + Portisch firmware, daily operation?

Hello,
I’m slowly starting to understand how to operate portisch firmware beyond just turning on sniffing mode.
What I’m struggling with is to understand how I’m supposed to utilize this new firmware on a daily basis.
My goal with flashing portisch firmware on my Sonoff RF Bridge was to extend the bridges capabilities in regards to understanding different protocols.

• I want the normal Sonoff Bridge operation to continue (I’ve setup 4 sonoff door sensor,
    that is to say I would want the bridge to decode theese as it has always done
  • I want the extra protocols and ability to pickup more signals other than those of the standard protocols for the sonoff bridge.

How would I go about to setting this up because currently:
(codes copy pasted from the web, not my own, illustration purpose only)

• rfraw 0 (portisch firmware off) - retains my setup, receive codes like this:
{"RfReceived":{"Sync":12300,"Low":410,"High":1220,"Data":"E8AC99","RfKey":"None"}}
  • rfraw 1 (portisch firmware on) - screws up my setup, because the incoming messages from my magnets change, they look something like this:
 {"RfRaw":{"Data":"AA B1 03 042E 017C 16DA 281818180909181809091818090918181818 55"}}

Am I doomed to enable rfraw 1 and alter my programed HA binary_sensors to the new incoming data from my magnets in order to operate in this mode?
I’ve just this morning understood how to use the commands listed here:

So in order to utilize the extra protocols I’d have to send from console:

RfRaw AA A6 55

Is this a valid day to day operational mode, to on boot setup:

• RfRaw 1
  • RfRaw AA A6 55

So that I can utilize the predefined protocols and get more RF data in. Or will this eventually screw up my bridge over time?

Well… as you see, so many questions, the documentation on Portisch firmware is pretty OK in regards of how to use the software, but not so much in, “when you are all setup, enter this mode for day to day operations to fully utilize this firmware”

1 Like

i, too, am interested in this topic. did you find a solution? I’ve held off on flashing portisch so far. I’m still getting tasmo running and figuring it out to control my devices beyond entering learning mode, capturing the signal, and using the buttons on the webui to control it… the default mqtt settings seem a little disorganized, but I’m still learning mqtt, so…I may not flash it until I have an absolute need to. I mostly use it to put my gaming computer to sleep, as I have an rf controller that controls my argb and also power switch (I like to leave my Oculus app open, which prevents computer from sleeping… I use Alexa to put it to sleep when I realize I’m done playing for a while and away from my PC). getting off topic now tho. I may need portisch for my new motorized curtain rod coming later this week, so I’m trying to prepare for that in case I have to flash.

Gonna throw in my “me too” on this. I have it all setup, just like the OP, but none of my 433 devices seem to be using a “recognized” protocol so all I get is the same gibberish.

I have found this http://bbconv.hrbl.pl/ which allows you to convert the B1 codes to B0 codes which will allow you to interact with the device however it is very hit or miss. Especially if there are many 433 devices broadcasting signals.

I haven’t been able to figure out how to define the unrecognized protocols.

For reference I have found these guides.
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/devices/Sonoff-RF-Bridge-433/#portisch-firmware-specific-usage
https://tasmota.github.io/docs/Commands/#rf-bridge

Any guidance anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated.

from my experience, you can operate it in the “normal” mode (rfraw 0) which works great with the typical supported gadgets, but when you operate in “extended” mode (rfraw 166 i think?), you have to parse all the raw data sadly, and I dont think any of the presets/learning/simple stuff works.
I actually run two rfbridges with tasmota, one with rfraw on (so i can parse some data from a temp-humidity sensor) with a python/mqtt script, and another which is normal mode to parse the supported sensors (water leak, door sensors, keyfobs, etc) and setup a binary template sensor on those.

Seems like someone could write a module/plugin/etc for tasmota which would parse the rfraw stuff and output it to some meaningful data. I had actually taken a short look at it last year, but wound up not diving in (so many other projects :wink:

Hi,

It looks like OP shoudl produce custom template for his original sonof 24bits devices.

On normal mode you have recived 24bit in hex data. In raw from portish it shoudl be about 50digits code, it looks like you posted two different transmisions. Second one shoudl be representative for 111010001010110010011001 which is E8AC99 from hex to binary, and 0=09 1=18.

If you produce custom template and compile portish firmware you will recive new hex file to upload to rf chip.

See https://github.com/Portisch/RF-Bridge-EFM8BB1/wiki/Define-new-protocol-in-RF_Protocols.h

Then, new compiled firmware shoudl be able to decode added template (in this example original sonoff codes)